Crafters Challenge April 8-14, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana asked me to start this thread for her today. She is well but having a computer issue. What is on your list this week?

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to work on a clay ornament for my niece.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thank you Jody! I can post but it won't let me start threads.

What type of clay ornament are you making Diedra?

I think I have decided the ornament for CIJ so I just need to try one. Not sure if it will be this week....but....

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks Jody and Lana for your coordinated efforts to keep this thread going.

I'm not really sure what I'll be doing craft-wise this week. I have some ideas, but my time may be somewhat limited, as we will be preparing for a camping trip. I'm starting another moebius scarf. It will be something to work on during our trip.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished my felt ornaments for 2 nieces and 1 nephew! :) I will be starting a new pair of socks (toes are still not done on the other pair) and will work on the reader's scarf.
IMG_0728 rsz.jpg IMG_0729 rsz.jpg

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Such talented people, love the ornaments.
Will not get too much done this week but am hoping to pull out my "future projects" tote and see what I am going to start on next.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Darling ornaments, Lucie!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I managed to start one sock yesterday afternoon. I have trouble with casting but I got it! Will try to start the 2nd one this week too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

It must be spring! We've moved our morning coffee spot to the dining room window instead of in front of the gas fireplace! We saw our first spring bunny yesterday, and the hummingbirds are lining up for their turn at the water feature. They can't seem to share!

I was trying to make some quilted mats for under the serger and embroidery machine when I put them on my new sewing table. I did what I will now call some "practice" quilting on them. I would just call it a learning experience. I'm not really liking them, so I'm trying to decide whether to finish them with binding and use them or to make different ones. I don't have any fabric I like for binding either, so not really sure what to do. I'm trying to rationalize ... They will work fine, and aren't really a decor element since they will hardly be seen underneath the machines, but I just won't have any "joy" using them. I think I'll just end up doing some craftermath control today and wait till after our glamping trip to make a decision. TFL

Added to my PIGS recently ... some darling, darling animal alphabet fabric that I'm thinking about making some soft books with (I bought two panels) ... I think there's something else but can't remember right now what it is.

In all my organizing, I now can't find another PIG that I was thinking I might start on ...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Me again.

Trying to do craftermath control always leads to starting something else. Yesterday I gathered together some of my stash fabric to make myself another Bindle Bag, but needed some grommets, so I put it in my PIGS drawer. Then I wanted to try some machine embroidery ornament designs but didn’t have enough white felt and I was out of Christmas green thread. That was enough to warrant a bounce over to Joanns. When I got back, I stitched up a couple of bell ornaments. They just need a little stuffing now and then hand-stitch the opening closed.

I also finished a CCS Christmas motif last night and started another one. I only have two more to finish in this "set".

I ended up just serging around the edges of my machine mats and calling them good for now. They are serviceable, and I'll see in the future if I'm inspired to do something else.

I’d really like to make my Bindle Bag today, but we’re leaving on our trip tomorrow, so I’m not sure I’ll have time. I also have to get to Penneys to pick up some sheets I ordered.

I probably won't be around much next week while we are travelling. We're going glamping in Eastern Washington and Idaho.