Crafters Challenge April 9th-April 15th, 2107

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ More great cards! You are on the ball looking ahead to Father's Day!

I got the inspiration to drag out a UFO quilt (the "Wander Quilt") yesterday. I got a couple of blocks done as the prototypes. Figured out how much fabric I need and have. It turns out that I have just about the right amount. Not much left over. I will need to get something different for the backing, but that's fine. So I did all the cutting (hopefully right, since I don't have much fabric left). It could be a good project to take to the lake or on a travel trailer trip, since it's all cut and ready to sew. I need to square up the blocks after sewing, so DH went "shopping" for some plexiglass to cut into a 9" square that I could use as a squaring-up cutting ruler. He found a specialty store (was referred to by Lowes) that was able to cut the 9" square out of some scrap and charged him $1. STEAL!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DD - yay for the plexiglass steal.

I crocheted another towel topper. Three more to go, and then I can sew them on the towels.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ love the cards and wreath

Got my SIL's pallet bunny finished my brother and niece picked it up last night. Might make another one today for my 17 year old niece to put outside need to see if I have enough paint for it or not

My cricut came yesterday but by the time we got home from a 7pm game was to beat to open it. So sometime today I will play with it but have some things I want to get done outside. Spray painting a frame with glitter spray paint is one of them just trying to see if I like this for senior gifts. I also got wood cut outs that say chase your dreams or choose your dreams I don't remember which. If Kenny approves when I am done need to get to micheals to get enough for the rest of the 12 seniors on the team.

One of the other coaches ordered the team picture and will take care of the mug for the kids so I don't have to worry about that. I really shouldn't have to worry about any of it since Kenny is a senior but I have had my hands in it for 4 years now it's kind of hard not to.

I have worked on nieces wreath but not finished with it yet. I found other glitter tulle to make another wreath which I may do today while outside I can't stand working with glitter in the house.

I like to be busy no matter what I have no clue what I am going todo when Kenny and Kayla are both off to college after next year, I think I am going to get bored to death

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kim ~ I really don’t think you will have to worry about staying busy in your “empty nest”. You will find lots of projects to work on for yourself and others.
I got the inspiration to drag out a UFO quilt (the "Wander Quilt") yesterday...It could be a good project to take to the lake or on a travel trailer trip, since it's all cut and ready to sew.

Famous last words. LOL All the blocks are done and one row is sewn together. I just couldn’t seem to stop myself, and the Plexiglass square-up ruler that DH got for me was fantastic!

I also finished the CCS motif for Iris’ birthday card, so now I need to get the card made and wrap up her gift for mailing … soon …

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
did not like the frame at all after using the glitter spray paint and used a 1/2 a can so that is out of the question thankfully I only spent $1.50 on supplies I used it will be in the garbage so need to figure it out what we are going to do. Looked to see what I had saved for coaches gifts so once I open my cricut I will figure that out. It is too nice to be in the house but thinking I may just get it opened because there is a sign I want to make today. Need to get kids moving to help me go thru some wood.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent one day with my mum last week going through her vast supplies of fabric. We were ruthless. If we couldn't think immediately what we were going to make with it it went in trash bags. We took 1 trash bag to the charity bin and gave 2 trash bags full to other people we know who craft.
Mum still has 3 totes left of fabric but we are going to make dolls bedding and other things out of that.
I really want to cull my craft cupboard here and start doing somethings. After this weekend I should be OK to start.