Crafters Challenge August 12th----August 18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sorry for thebad photo. This is the knitted lace edge I do. This is actually from the pattern book and is edging a face cloth. I will try and take a photo of the instructions

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not having much luck taking photos.
Here are the directions using 4ply cotton yarn and 2mm knitting needles.

Cast on 8 stitches.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: S1, K2 (‘M1’, K2 tog) twice, inc 1 -9 sts
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: Sl 1, K2, ‘M1’, K2 tog, K1, ‘M1’, K2 tog, inc 1 -10 sts
Row 5: Knit
Row 6: Sl 1, K2, ‘M1’, K2 tog, K2, ’M1’, K2 tog, inc 1- 11 sts
Row 7: Knit
Row 8: Sl 1, K2, ‘M1’, K2 tog, K3, ‘M1’, K2 tog, inc 1- 12 sts
Row 9: cast off 4 sts, K7

Repeat rows 2-9 for the length desired.

Hope this all makes sense. It is a lovely quick edge that goes well on many items.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So pretty! Lovely job!!!

Finished the last of the 3 snowman felt ornaments last night! Printed out pattern for unicorn softie this morning and hoping to start cutting out pieces this evening.

Want to work on felt watermelon slices this weekend as well. And possible cutting fringe on fleece blankets. We'll see how much I can squeeze in!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Katrina, that's a dainty looking edge. Thanks for the pattern information.

I finished a set of 8 coasters for DD#2 yesterday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

These are the little CCS mittens I have just done. Thinking of giving them to DD for Christmas.
I am thinking that 3 done side by side and framed might look great

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, cute mittens!

Last night I started after 9 and I made 7 burp cloths (had cut them out earlier in afternoon and as I was sewing those Allen cut out 7 washcloths. They are turned so now I need to go iron them and topstitch. For a shower today that I am not invited to but will run a gift by.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I just counted the # of snowflakes I need. I still need to make 20 more. If I make one a day, it's just 2 more months. And I can still crochet my lace. Yay!
Goodness! Hand crochet flakes and lace. Your family is so blessed to have you! Just beautiful.
Grandma always did crochet. She even did it after she lost her sight. I have several tablecloths she made and wraps. She so wanted her granddaughters to learn how but we were dumb and didn't. Could kick myself now.
All I've accomplished this week is finishing curtains for the master bath. My husband finally got my fixtures up for me. I think I've figured out what size pattern I should use for a dress I'm going to make. I'll start tracing the pattern next week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina - beautiful mittens. Myron's Mom I too wish I had learned knitting from my grandma instead of trying to learn it now!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
The batteries on my magnifying floor lamp died last night so I had to run to Wal-Mart this morning to buy some. I don't keep a supply of D batteries. I can't really use the magnifier but the bright light is nice. I finished yesterday's snowflake anyway, but I had some serious eyestrain going on.

Went to Michael's to buy more crochet thread - this time for red flowers to decorate a lacy crocheted cross I want to give my sister for Christmas. I had forgotten about the cross and found it in my stash of UFOs. The cross is finished - just needs the decorations. I'm excited to get it finished - I'll find a nice frame so she can put it on a wall. I also bought one of those yarn guides that fits on the index finger - hopefully it will keep this fine thread from digging into my finger.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
GrammaDeb ~ I had never seen those yarn guides so had to Google them. I'm assuming you're using it for crochet, but it can also be used for knitting. I'm glad you found something to help with that tiny thread! Your items are gorgeous. How nice to find your PHD (Project Half Done).

I bought three fleece blanket kits at JoAnns yesterday. I've never made them before. I'm going to try the "braided" edge. I don't really like the tie edges, so if I don't like the braided edge, I'll just sew and turn.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Will have to check my Michael’s and see if they have a yard guide. Either there or the yarn shop. I haven’t crochet for a few years but would like to get back into it. A friend who does a lot of crocheting with the threads crocheted herselve a little finger cover to protect her finger.

No sewing again this week but did get the flannel washed up, some knitting done and fabricland had some fall fabric in and on sale so I grabbed fabric etc to make myself a skirt.