Crafters Challenge August 18th-24th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Rose, sorry you coming along like you hoped so far but you will be there shortly---keep a going!

Last night I did try the glitter in the plastic thingy and then put the paint in. Can't decide if I like the fine glitter or the little bigger one. Will try to decide on that and hopefully those will get done then.

I got 2 more tubes of tulle to crochet scrubbies.

Wanting to try that scarf too. Have to draw the pattern out. It will be 40" long and starts at 9" and angles down to 5".

What is on your "To Do List" this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I guess I should put a little more time in on my current prayer shawl so that I can start socks for DSonIL for Christmas. I'm working on the August CCS cat now and when I finish that I will need to set aside the monthly cats and owls and start focusing my evening craft time on Christmas gifts. My day-time crafting time should also be focused on Christmas (and one October and one November birthday) gifts. I did get started on one of the fleece throws yesterday.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm going to continue crocheting pillowcase lace. I can work on that at my neighbor's when I sit with her. I will get a good start on the crocheted baby blanket for dggs. I should be able to work on it in the evenings. And...I will get a couple plastic canvas cubes made for advent calendars. I need to cut squares for the sides and either draw or find a chart for numbers to stitch on a side of each cube.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been working on Halloween!!!

Finished 3 tags that will go on bottles of foot lotion for teacher and aides this year - tags say "Trick or Treat Smell My Feet. No really. Go ahead." :)

Also created a "Pick Your Poison" Jar I will give to front office staff filled with Hershey's Kisses wrapped in fall/Halloween foil colors.

And made 27 "You're Fang-tastic" tags - they will get tied to fake vampire teeth and tied on the neck of treat bags for his class!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48575429307/in/dateposted-public/

I just need to use pinking shears to trim it and last fabric bookmark is done - that makes 3 total.

I also finally cut off ALL the lights from tall skinny Christmas tree - including the prelit strands it came with - not really a "craft" project but I had it on that list so I didn't forget it. I didn't use the tree last year because it was such a snarl of non-working lights and I was too tired to mess with it!

This week I am going to keep working on felt sunglasses case that is in progress.

My main focus though will probably be Halloween costume elements for Disney!

I need to order some items online ASAP. I already ordered some things, have picked up some, now I need to start pulling it all together!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ as usual beautiful work. I do love your gift tags, they are so pretty.

I have hit a bit of a wall on the crafting, I seem to every year around this time. I have luckily finished most of what I have planned for Christmas but I still have a lit of things that I would like to do. Just need to get my mojo back and get moving.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ love the Halloween creations!
I’ve done a little on my quilt, have had a busy couple of days so not much time.
Yesterday my friend Lynn and I did part of the the Charming Quilt Shop Hop. We started out in East Cleveland and headed east. We only did 6 of the 8 shops we planned ( there were 12 total). Lots of driving, shops were kinda far apart. I bought a couple of pieces of fabric (it’s all Lynn’s fault!) and a purse pattern. Fun day with my good friend.
Taking care of Myron today as we are off to the vet yet again. I plan to quilt all weekend if life doesn’t get in the way. Looking forward to next week, going to crochet class with my cousin.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I am buying stuff to do my lotion for Christmas. I know not a craft.

Lana I consider busting supplies/making lotion crafting

Have gotten a few rows done on the shawl. The fourth decoration top done and the fronts and backs together. Just need to make the braid to go around the outer edge of the ornaments. This week while working on the ornaments I was trying to figure out how to pkg them up for gift giving and decided to make some fabric bags to put them in. Have pieces of Christmas fabric let over from other past projects and making bags will help use it up.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ How's the quilting going?

Lana ~ Yes, making lotion is definitely crafting, and even more so when you are planning to package it up for gift giving. Do you share your "recipe"?

Rose ~ Speaking of fabric bags reminds me that a lady at Sewing Club is encouraging us to make Christmas stockings to send to the troops. There's an organization that will fill them. I need to find a pattern and whip some up! I seem to have lots of Christmas fabric that's just sitting.

I've finished the first fleece throw and the August CCS cat. I've also done some bits and pieces of prepping for other crafts this week. Some of it was on the computer finalizing digitized designs for the monthly pillowcases and for the lettering on Valentin's growth chart and CCS charting for the birth record. I kitted up supplies for making yo-yos for the elephant since Kathy and I have a stitching day planned for Tuesday. I'm also working on the birthday banner, stitching out machine embroidery letters. Did I mention that I've started on the CCS birth record?

I felt like I was losing a little crafting mo-jo last week, but I think it's back!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, I was wondering about the stockings too. Is it possible to share the information about that? That’s the first I’ve heard of it.
Lana, I’ve never heard of anyone making lotion. How do you make it, if you don’t mind sharing.
Rose, fabric bags was on my todo list but not sure I’m going to get there. They would be handy to have. And I don’t know why I bother to buy gift bags when I have plenty of fabric that I could whip one up in just a few minutes.
I am off to my basement to work on my quilt now that chores are done and dinner is planned.
Happy crafting!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to do finish one color of my embroidery. I am going to do the hardest color next yellow. It is all color coded ad very hard to see, thankfully, not a lot of that color. Should have it done tonight or tomorrow.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You can do a Google search for places to donate stockings for the troops. Here's one ...
https://www.osotamerica.org/comfort-and-care-package-program/holiday-stocking-program/
They are requesting stockings by mid-October.

what an amazing thing to do. I am now thinking if there is an organization in Australia that does a similar thing. If not, maybe there are shelters that need stockings. Mum and I always donate to the charity tree at our local mall. Maybe if we do 10 stockings and put small gifts like tennis balls, lotion etc they may be appreciated.