Crafters Challenge August 25th---August 31st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
/

Pamela - I am going to WDW - 7 nights, 8 days of magic. Hopefully!!!
We haven't been since 1999 but I remember it like it was yesterday! Every day certainly is magic.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ the mousekeeping wallets are so dang cute. I have a soft spot for Mickey since meeting him in Anaheim a few years back.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Thank you for the inspiration. I won't likely get any crafting done this week but I want to start back up next week I haven't crafted since last Christmas. How horrible is that!!

I want make my Christmas gifts again this year. I have two boxes of UFO's (un-finished objects). I am determined to finish them and start the New Year with brand new projects. I am optimistic... I know. I want to start making Wednesday and Saturday afternoons as my crafting times. That is the PLAN!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We are on a roll... DH admitted today that he doesn't like projects because I see other improvements we cam make. So I now know to curb my enthusiasm to allow for him to complete the jobs. LOL
I did take one item off the list today as I thought about how to complete the picture window install (don't ask long story, hindsight ...hire a professional not a handyman.) Called service of company we got windows from and made the decision to let them take care the window. It will be well worth the $75. fee.

So I today I got boxes, and went through 14 boxes and totes of stuff that was mostly DD's I would send her pictures and if she said no it went. I have 2 more boxes. books and movie props. Should go quickly, I ran out of steam to finish. That wall will be complete. Next wall mostly Christmas or future home. I think I have 3 themes in Christmas so will choose one and let the other stuff go. It will still be hard to do.

I have an audio book downloaed to my phone and listen to it while I declutter. It seems to help with the mindset of wanting to keep everything.

I completed my list for today and then some. Happy:).

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Just finished my sampler. Very pleased with it. One more to go, I will frame them when done.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all!

Here is a pic of the fabric bookmarks:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48643200717/in/dateposted-public/

And the set I made of bookmark, sunglasses/phone case and ear buds case:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48643200937/in/dateposted-public/

I finished the sash for DS's costume and I'm thiiiis close to finishing embroidery on sunglasses case I've been working on.

I took a stab at creating the "feathers" for my Kevin costume for Disney - as you can see the feather part is too heavy for the pipe cleaner I put it on:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48643061441/in/dateposted-public/

DH gave me some sturdy wire to use instead so I'm going to try that next. Have the rest of the feather shapes traced, just need to cut out and try this again!

The skirt I ordered for my costume arrived, so next big thing is sewing and/or pinning the feather boas to it - will work on that this weekend. Still waiting on tank top for costume but the feathers I'll attach to it also came in the mail so I'm ready once it arrives!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Jody and AJ you both are doing great.

Finally finished the ornaments for the DGC. Pictures on blog. Will have to wait till tomorrow to put them away as I want to make sure the glue is completely dry.
Those are so lovely. DGC will cherish them for sure.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Nice work. Thanks for showing pictures. You do such lovely work.

Rose ~ I love the ornaments and the little bags to keep them in. Nice touch!

I took another basket weaving class today. It's a cute little basket. I also had a chance to knit in the car, since I didn't do the driving.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul