Crafters Challenge August 26th-Sept. 1st, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!!!

Welcome Welcome!

So another new month will be upon us at the end of this week!

What are your plans for crafting this week?

I have a star ornament and a microwave bowl holder I would like to try but will see.

Will be waiting to hear/see what all you do!

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another month.....and the first BER month.

I would like to work on a few of the Snowmen ornaments and see how I like them.
I have packed a few more to do crafts on ziplock bags so must start on those at some stage. Many of them can be for Christmas 2019 if not for now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH finally drilled holes in my wood slice ornaments. I would like to do the background paint on these, knit and cut up the felt for the ice cream cones.... hum..... not sure anything will get done with dd here this week

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week I'll be working on finishing felt food gift for Sept 6th birthday. Then I'll get started on Travel Wee project for October birthday. Hoping to work on felt ornaments as well but we'll see!

Finished the felt watermelon slices this weekend! Completed one felt/yarn broccoli "floret" and sewed the stems for 4 more. Made 1 of the remaining 4 yarn pom poms I need.

Also completed felt unicorn softie:

upload_2018-8-27_9-12-44.png

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Darling unicorn! You are so gifted with felt.

I've made two more Advent mittens (#5 & 6) but I need to re-make #5; so I hope to continue with the progress on those. I am nearly done with a couple of Bindle Bags for DD#2. Will finish those tomorrow if not before. I'm going to Open Sew again. I can finish the two Bindle Bags and start on one for DD#1.

I'm anxiously waiting for a fabric order for the lake loft quilts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, the unicorn is marvellous. You really do have a talent.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank to everyone for the lovely comments! Lana - I've never sold anything although I've considered it. This is a present for a close friend's little girl who is turning 5 in about a week. :)

Too tired to tackle making pom poms last night - worked on embroidering burlap ribbon instead. Every little bit counts - or at least that is what I tell myself! lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My fabric order arrived in China so is in transit.

Does anybody get the daily e-mails from sew can she? I have gotten them for some years now. Anyhoo she has a infinity scarf that is no sewing and takes 1/2 of double gauze fabric. Watched the video a few minutes ago.

I am thinking for 12 Days of Christmas swap I will do an ornament (looks like you are quilting) and a turkey potholder. Ornament for sure...... Will have to get the fabric for other.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished two Bindle Bags yesterday at Open Sew and have the third one done except for the top stitching. I didn't have the color thread with me that I want to use for the top stitching, so I brought it home to do.

In the evening, I worked on a CCS gnome.

Today I'm going to run some errands, including a trip to Pacific Fabrics for pattern paper and wool felt for the Advent mittens.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I carry with me everywhere I go a baggie with thread & hook to crochet snowflakes. Last night I actually opened the baggie and made 2 snowflakes. 13 more to go.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Awesome progress!

I did some work on the Travel Wee last night - picked up small black button "eyes" that I'll sew on tonight. Also got a piece of map pattern scrapbook paper I'll use the back part of the Altoid tin I'm using as his "home".

Also picked up at JoAnn's:

Red, Green and White pom pom trim that I'm using around edges of mini embroidery hoops that I' making into ornaments - will embroider designs in white on black felt to fill the hoops

Two small charms - I'm making some felt "book" ornaments as presents - in each case a book that person loves and I'm going to make it look like there is a ribbon bookmark dangling from each book and I thought it would be pretty to have a little charm dangling from the ribbon. Of course I forgot I'm doing 3 of them and only got 2 charms but I can pick the last one up next time.

Reactions: luludou

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
My knitting project will be put in my UFO pile. It’s a shawl for me. I found as I was working on it yesterday that on the sixth of nine shades in the shawl that for about 4 inches I forgot to do any decreases and I was on the final shade. I have taken it out to where I need to restart. Think I just need a break from it. Have some Christmas knitting and crocheting to do so will do that next and get them off my crafting list.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cut out the felt for 14 ice cream cones. Missing some white felt will have to go out and buy it at some point.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, Wise to take a break from the shawl for now.
I am hoping to work on my snowmen today.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
After going to Kohls and two grocery stores last night I didn't have the mojo to work on the Travel Wee project - just did more work on embroidering burlap ribbon instead - that effort is going to take a while so trying to hit it as hard as I can!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Rose ~ Sorry to hear about the issues with the shawl. Taking a break is probably a good idea.

Have some new flannel fabric pre-shrunk and ready to make some daycare nap blankets for Julia.