Crafters Challenge December 15th-21st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hey,,,,,Notice I got the right title on this weeks! Guess with Allen in hospital last Sunday I just wasn't thinking!!!!

Items to make yet:

Mom a scarf--------DONE 12-16

Teigan a scarf---or for b'day 1-25 ------DONE 12-17

Couple doll blankets for stroller----might wait to see the size after together----for her b'day or see if she would want to do on her machine....hmmmmm---DONE 1 0n 12-17 with a pillow and a few things for barbie

Cord wraps I decided people wouldn't use much. I had received one but never use it.

What is everybody working on???

Last edited:
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I got my table cloth fixed last week. Used my serger I bought during the summer. The sewing part went quick and was fun. I spent most of my time trying to decide which finish I wanted for the hem. I decided on a piping stitch and it’s nice.
This week and next I have nothing I have to do. Still want make pjs. I may bring my cutting mat and stuff up to the kitchen and work there on the pjs. I can’t trust Myron any more in the basement and he’s not doing steps and I want to spend time with him. At least in the kitchen he can “help” me if he wants.
Have a productive week every one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to do the 2 felt ornaments... if possible today! and that will be it for Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

It doesn't sound like anyone is too stressed out about finishing up for Christmas. That's a very good thing!

Myron's Mom ~ What is a piping stitch? Is that on your serger? I used my serger a lot on the Dirndl. The seams look so nice. It might have been better if I had changed the thread from white to blue, but I didn't bother as it would have meant changing back and forth.

I'm very, very close to finishing the Dirndl. I just want to make some cording for the front lacing. The other two things I tried didn't work out well. DH will go to Michael's this morning to get the DMC floss I need.

I'm on the home stretch on the socks for DSonIL. They could be a belated Christmas gift, but I don't think he will mind. The first pair hasn't shown up.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ the socks will show up after this pair is done and gifted.

This week I want to get the last two placemats finished. Just need to sew binding to backing. DD only asked for four which are finished and ready to be dropped off. The other two and table topper will be given to her for her birthday(the placemats were her b-day request) along with the fingerless mitts I made from left over yarn from her Christmas gift.

When they are finished my plans are to get my shawl finished before starting any new projects.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It doesn't sound like anyone is too stressed out about finishing up for Christmas. That's a very good thing!
It's lovely to be in the last week before Christmas and not be panicking.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrinia, the jar openers are the size of potholders. I did mine 7". 2 pieces of fabric and then a piece of plastic drawer liner. Just put rights sides together and piece of liner in middle, sew leaving a space to turn it and then top stitch it. Some think it is a non skid potholder. I have used a white heavier one and then a blue from Dollar General. Both seem to work fine.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DJ the socks will show up after this pair is done and gifted.
Or even before! I went to get a birthday card that I had made for a friend's December birthday so I could get it in the mail. I was horrified that I couldn't find it! I told myself (jokingly) that I must have put it the same place I put the socks. I started picking up in the studio so that I could drag other stuff out looking for the birthday card. And, yes, I found it in one of my storage drawers where I had obviously put it for safekeeping so it wouldn't get lost in the craftermath! Sure enough, the socks were in there, too! So I no longer need to madly knit socks this week!

I need to madly work on the growth chart, though!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Aunt Jamelle cute cups.

Got the hand stitching part of the last two placemats done last night. Finishing all gifts for 2019.
Now as time permits I will work on my shawl but first I have to get some presents wrapped and a few to drop off for some shut ins from my church. Also want to do some cleaning/organizing of sewing area before starting any new crafts but not till after Christmas.

Reactions: DahliaDoll

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrinia, the jar openers are the size of potholders. I did mine 7". 2 pieces of fabric and then a piece of plastic drawer liner. Just put rights sides together and piece of liner in middle, sew leaving a space to turn it and then top stitch it. Some think it is a non skid potholder. I have used a white heavier one and then a blue from Dollar General. Both seem to work fine.
Lana, great explanation, I can visualise exactly what you are talking about. What a great gift idea.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Yes, more vinyl is a must.

I've given myself a break on the growth chart. It's highly unlikely that I could finish it in time to mail it in time for Valentin's first birthday. And if I tried, I would be spending some very late nights working on it. That would definitely endanger its quality, however. I have a cute outfit (purchased) to send him along with the cross stitch flat-fold fox similar to the one I made Julia for her first birthday. So he won't be left out, not that he would know at 1 year old. I will send the growth chart as soon as I finish it.

So that freed me up today to do more planning and organizing of a couple of craft projects I want to take to Anchorage with me to work on with Iris and Sonja.

I did get some new posts up on my blog if you would like to see pictures of my most recent finished projects. More to come.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Or even before! I went to get a birthday card that I had made for a friend's December birthday so I could get it in the mail. I was horrified that I couldn't find it! I told myself (jokingly) that I must have put it the same place I put the socks. I started picking up in the studio so that I could drag other stuff out looking for the birthday card. And, yes, I found it in one of my storage drawers where I had obviously put it for safekeeping so it wouldn't get lost in the craftermath! Sure enough, the socks were in there, too! So I no longer need to madly knit socks this week!

I need to madly work on the growth chart, though!
So funny ! It sounds like my house. Husband and I both have started telling each other where we have safely stashed stuff because we never remember.
Yes, the piping stitch is on my serger. I guess it’s also called a 3 thread rolled hem but is listed under piping. It uses the regular foot.
I have my pj bottoms and half of the top patterns traced. I’ll. Finish up tracing tomorrow and make the length adjustments. I hope I can start sewing on Friday, shouldn’t take long( famous last words) it’s a easy sew pattern. I just might have new pjs for Christmas.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Haven't been around in a few weeks again but have been super busy with orders so have not had time to get my own stuff done. I need to get moving on my own stuff planned on starting Drunk uno games for my kids last night since both Kenny and Kayla were off at a friends house. Yeah that didn't happen I took an order for two t-shirts yesterday at work so had to do those and needed to finish up my nieces shirt so she could wear it to school before the end of the week before break.

David asked me to make him a shirt never asks for anything so I am going to get that done now

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I also made a scarf for Teigan, 2 barbie washcloths, 2 burp rags for barbies babies and a washcloth for big dolls. Wanting to do a burp rag for big dolls but can't find my pattern and free handing ain't getting it tonight. Think I will go see if some is in her room here or if she took all home. This will be the end of my sewing for this year!

Machine is going up for this year!

Last edited: