Crafters Challenge December 16th---December 22nd!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last week for the challenge BEFORE Christmas!!!!!

I still have some sewing to do and hoping with the candy/cookies finishing up today it will be back out tomorrow night!

Diedra, THANK you for sharing your instructions for the Grinch ornaments. They are really cute!

Does anybody else have anything they are hoping to finish for this year?

Have a GREAT last week before Christmas planning for the big day!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to help DD finish her Grinch Wreath. Still haven't found the glue gun. lol

I am finding some cute ideas for craft but they are going into my notebook for next year. I will put them into my phone calendar. One for each month so I do not get bogged down at the end of the year with projects.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I have a wall quilt that I would like to get finished by the end of this year but it’s for me so if I don’t I’m not worried. Still knitting hats for charity during lunch and a scarf for myself as I have time.

Working on my 2019 craft list and timeline on getting them done.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The very last thing I have to get done is finishing the felt marshmallow sticks - has to happen one night this week. Probably tomorrow night - fingers crossed!!!!

Good luck to everyone trying to finish something up!!! There is still a little time left!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went back to the hardware store and they finally had what I was after in stock. Hopefully I can get the little project done before Monday

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Diedra ~ The Grinch ornament tutorial is very helpful. I must make some for next Christmas. I’m not artistic, so the transfer idea is perfect for me.

Rose ~ Even without deadline pressure, you’re really accomplishing a lot.

I think DD now has some other pillows she wants me to work on. I’ll see if it will work out time and energy-wise.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Would you guys believe that I've not learned that the Rudolph wrapped candy bars I did for DS's classroom treat will not be accepted because of new wellness guidelines???? UGGGGHHHH!!!!

I totally get it - just wish I'd known this was going to change on me. I'm looking into sending them into his after school care program instead but I have no idea if A) they'll take them and B) if I've made enough

Ah well....

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I'm in the dark AJ. Wellness guidelines?? So no candy bars?? I must be getting old!

The grinch ornaments are so cute. We were just talking about having some kind of crafting day here, they would be nice.

I finished embroidering a Christmas sweatshirt for me. It turned out much better than I thought it would. I didn't have a hard time getting it centered on the shirt. That has been an issue in the past. But I think I've kinda figured it out.

The vest I did the pattern alteration on is all most finished. All that is left is button holes and buttons. If you know any button hole prayers I would appreciate them. I'm going to do several practice runs first. I haven't done them in ages and find them more frustrating then the dreaded zippers!:eek:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This Week I'm distributing my woodslice ornaments. I think I've figured out at least one craft for 2019 and I've got what it takes to do it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The 6 bowls are done. They are really quite fast to do.

Decided the blanket we wait and Teigan can help with it.

Ornaments all got done too.

Got 3 potholders done.

I do believe the sewing is done for this Christmas!

Grinch ornaments would be a nice craft to do together.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I ended up selling all of my Rudolph Bars to co-workers for $2 each - they were fighting over them - so I guess alls well that ends well!

Still need to finish marshmallow sticks!!!

Have been brainstorming for next Christmas already too! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The bookmarks that I made for work have been delivered and were a hit. Glad that they liked them. Will have to decide what to make for them all next year.
I too am brainstorming, I have already some plans for next year. It will be interesting to see what we all come up with. Cannot wait to start.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My vest is done. Button holes were a breeze with this machine. On a date with my husband so I'm wearing it today. Not sure what I will tackle the next very few days before Christmas.
I need to make out my todo list for the new year. All I know at this point is one quilt. I'm thinking maybe lap quilts for everyone. But not sure yet.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
When to Michaels after work yesterday to grab some Christmas card stock/scrapbook paper for a project for next Christmas and they did not have any in stock at all. Did find some scrapbook paper that will work for what I have in mind.
Have done a little more knitting and made a couple more boxes for candy. My crafting tomorrow will be done in the kitchen as I do some Christmas baking.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ You got a lot done!

AJ ~ That’s a win with the candy bars! Are you going to get orders from the office for next year?

Myron’s Mom ~ Some machines do great and easy buttonholes! I don’t think the ones on my machine are that easy, but I don’t do them often at all.

Lucie ~ It’s definitely time to start thinking about crafts for 2019; and so nice to already have the supplies. Have we seen your wood slice ornaments?

Katrina ~ Do people still use bookmarks? Just kidding. DDs still read books rather than Nook or Kindle. One year I gave DD some cross stitch bookmarks with food-related charts to use in her cookbooks.

Rose ~ I was disappointed with the Michaels here in Lincoln, NE, yesterday. I was looking for Christmas ribbon, and the selection was very poor.

I have three things on my list today: wrap one gift; trouble shoot DD’s serger (with DH’s help); make some pee pee teepees.