Crafters Challenge December 1st-December 7th, 2019

Discussion in 'Crafters Challenges' started by Lana, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is the 12th month of the year!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knocked several things out while off last week and have a few more to do.

Teigan 1 or 2 doll blankets for her stroller

mom a scarf

Teigan a scarf if I can downsize pattern good enough

Maybes:

Cord wraps--if I think people will use them

potholders

What are you gals working on this week? For Christmas or just crafting?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom and AuntJamelle like this.
  2. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

Just crafting on my shawl. At the point of knitting on the border which is knitted sideways using a live edge. It’s a 10 row repeat which needs to be done 69 times but am having trouble with what should be a easy edge. Just not sure why but am determined to figure it out and get it done.

Myron's Mom, AuntJamelle and Lana like this.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just working on dish cloths here. Would like to sit and look through my Pintrest pages and start thinking of ideas for next year.

4. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Greetings!

We're visiting DD and family in Nebraska. Over the last couple of days, I knit a dish cloth pattern with the intention of making it into a pillow for Julia's little stuffed fox. Julia thought it would make a good blanket for the fox, so we used some other fabric to sew a pillow.

Other than that, there are other crafts I could work on while here if I get direction from DD. Among the possibilities are a tissue box cover; making the mobile that I made owls for the last time I was here; knitting a pair of socks; working on the CCS October owl; making a fabric hanging basket for DD's IKEA wall organizer … no end in sight, as usual!

5. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I'm in the home stretch on the friendship embroidery hoop wall hanging - have the backer cut and have started doing a blanket stitch around the edge...should finish that today and glue on - and then I can wrap the darn thing!!!

Printed recipe pages for the twins (additions to the full recipe binder I did for their birthdays this past Jan) - need to put them all in plastic page protectors and wrap.

We're in the thick of things now so I will probably have to defer my plans for the last two ornaments I wanted to make...

I also need to look ahead to DS's birthday in February and start making things for that. I also need to starting prepping for the two ArtSmart classes I volunteered to host at his school - one in Jan, one in March.

Always plenty to keep me busy! :)

Myron's Mom and Lana like this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I worked on the dinosaur appliqué for the baby blanket. I'll post a pick when all is finished. Still haven't done the 3 felt ornaments but they are for the 31st so still have some time.

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Still crocheting pillowcase lace. This is definitely a gift for 2020.

8. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

Slowly working on the shawl. Got a couple pattern repeats done last night.

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Made another globe this a.m., Allen delivered it.

10. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Working away on my ornaments. I still have 2 sets to stitch together but I don’t them until Christmas. Tonight I’ll start putting them on the bulbs. Shouldn’t take long to do.
    I bought some red fuzzy fabric at Joann’s for some pjs for me. If I don’t get to them this year then I can make then for next. Or they could be for Valentine’s Day lol.

Lana and AuntJamelle like this.
  11. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

FINALLY fished the embroidery hoop hanging project! Just need to wrap it now, LOL

Worked on DS costume for historical figure book report - cut out one boot cover and sewed it up - need to try it on him tonight to make sure it's going to work before I sew another one.

I have to make a sash, wrap a toy sword to look "frontier-sy", figure out a belt, etc.

I totally dropped the ball and thought this all was due Dec 15th - yeah - due the 5th!!!! :eek:

He is supposed to be William Clark (as in Lewis and Clark)....

Ah the joys of last minute crafting....

Seriously though, why do teachers assign this stuff right smack dab in the BUSIEST time of year?:rolleyes:

Lana and Myron's Mom like this.
  12. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Ornaments are finished. I’ll let them dry over the rest of the weekend and wrap them Monday.
    Trying to figure out a border to sew on a tablecloth. I have a couple of nice ones that I used on long folder tables at the old house. They are a little short on all sides for my dining room table I have now. I have plenty of Christmas fabric in my stash. Just have to decide which one to use.

Lana likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

OOOPs, I was caught a few times when my kids were small. Thank goodness for craft stashes and imagination