Crafters Challenge December 22nd---December 28th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AuntJamelle love the cookbook.

woke up with a head cold yesterday so it was spend on the couch. Took some cold meds this morning so I could get myself out to a couple stores for their sales. Fabric store was having a one day Boxing Day sale. Got there for the Christmas fabric I needed to find that they decided to put everything on sale 50-70% off. So I got some thread, the Christmas fabric I needed along with the flannel for presents for next Christmas.
Also hit Michaels sale for some card stock needed for cards and tags along with the yarn for a baby gift.
Will get the yarn, crochet hooks and pattern in a knitting bag so it’s all together when I’m really to start on it.

Need to get my new planner out and start getting it set up to use along with the crafting/ Christmas planner ready to go for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Aj, what an amazing gift for your friend.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I went to Michael's to get yarn. It was really picked over and I couldn't find enough of anything to make the baby blanket I want. So many shelves and bins throughout the store were empty, it looked like they were going out of business. I'll try Joann tomorrow for yarn.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
GrammaDeb. Sorry to hear that. Here in Canada yesterday they had a one day sale on all yarns so I wonder if it was the same in the US so that is why. Although the shelves were very full when I when today to grab my yarn. I was too sick yesterday to go anywhere. Today they had buy two get one free. I get the Joanne emails and noticed that they are having a big yarn sale but hope you have better luck there.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up some red and white wool, I would like to do some ornaments for Mum. I need a beige coloured wool so will keep an eye out.
Sat and pinned a lot of ideas last night, mot sure if I will get them all done but some nice things.
too hot here to do much at the moment but must get back into the swing real soon.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got some felt appliqués, some small and medium pompoms, some light sets.... in case we decide to make Ugly Christmas sweaters next year!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It sounds like lots if good buys are being taken advantage of. Rose, sorry to hear you aren't feeling your best. I'm anxious to get home and get into the studio. I have so many projects I need to do in a short timeline, beginning with the growth chart which is already late.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ. It’s just a nasty head cold which I hope is a short one but only time will tell.

Just realized I forgot to grab the interfacing for the bags. Have fabric for a couple dresses and am thinking I may need interfacing for them too. Will have to make sure I check and see what I do need when I start cleaning/reorganizing my sewing room hopefully next week.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I made it to Joann a couple hours after they opened...along with A LOT of other people. When I checked out there was only 1 checker, everyone else was at lunch, and there were dozens of people in line. It was crazy. But..I filled my cart with enough yarn for 2 baby blankets and a couple pairs of socks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
But..I filled my cart with enough yarn for 2 baby blankets and a couple pairs of socks.
Deb, good on you. Looks like you are off to a great start.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve made a lot of progress cleaning and reorganizing my sewing room. I’ve pitched a bunch of stuff. I have a pile of “ todo” things. Majority of it is one day type projects. I found some things I had forgotten or didn’t know I had ( or where it came from). One thing will be a Christmas gift for my niece. I’d like to finish up tomorrow if I can so I can start sewing.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
While I was looking at yarn at Joann I chatted with some other Grandmas. One of the ladies introduced me to Ravelry.com for free patterns. (I am now signed up) She had a pattern and was buying yarn for a Baby Yoda amigurumi toy. It was the cutest thing - in fact, she showed me pictures on her phone of all the crocheted toys she has made and sold. Nice lady.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I made it to Joann a couple hours after they opened. I filled my cart with enough yarn for 2 baby blankets and a couple pairs of socks.
Do you knit or crochet socks?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I really want to try to knit socks for next year. I need to find a great, easy pattern. Has anyone got ideas please?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
There are sock patterns for knitting straight up socks that would avoid knitting the heel which is the hard part. I don't know how they fit. Might be worth researching on revelry.com.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia