Crafters Challenge December 30th, 2018-January 5th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
have completed 2 Halloween tea towels, very simple design. Will start on the Australia Day one tonight. Will do a planning day with mum next week to decide what we might want to do.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Minnie Mouse fleece & 1 set of pillow cases to x-stitch ordered. Baby yarn & crochet thread for 1 set of pillowcase thread bought. I'm excited and ready to get to work.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim ~ Enjoy that time with your DS. It passes too quickly!

GrammaDeb ~ Sounds like you have a great plan. What a cute tote box!

AJ ~ The cat is darling! We didn’t get around to making the gingerbread house with DGD when I was there. I hope she gets to do it with her other grandmother who is there now.

I've finished the pillow covers for DD's dinette chairs and have 2 organza poinsettias done and 2 more ready to glue together tomorrow.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone is doing great!

I have to be honest about the gingerbread house - the house itself was a preassembled kit from Wilton - but the rest of it I did, the marshmallow snowmen, the swiss cake roll reindeer, etc. It was fun and I learned what works well and what does NOT! lol

Finished embroidering my sister's BF's new stocking last night!

Also went through my entire supply of scrapbooking papers and sorted by color. Found an empty box that worked for standing all the papers up in so I can see them/get to them better. Now I'm all set to start crafting all the cards for this year - birthday, anniversary, holidays, etc.

Washed the first sheet set that needs to be embroidered - will try to decide on my pattern today!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Agreed, everyone is doing so well.
AJ what design are you going to embroider on the sheets?
Mum and I have bought red serviettes and we are going to embroider white snowflakes on them. That is the plan anyway. They will look great on the Christmas dinner table.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The white snowflakes are going to look so pretty against the red, Katrina!

I saved several scroll type border designs on Pinterest that may work - has to be something simple enough that I can look at it and then hand draw the pattern on the sheets. Doodle type designs can be effective too. Haven't quite decided to pull the trigger yet - but this weekend I will probably just take a deep breath and get started drawing!

No crafting last night - lots of shopping instead!

Picked up posterboard for birthday party sign, two Meade notebooks for felt covered notebook projects, some more gold paperclips for ribbon paperclip sets and some floral foam for winter swags I have planned. Got the Valentine's pencils for classroom treat project too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, the Afghan sounds lovely.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Luludou sorry to hear you are sick.

Picked up 9 balls cotton yarn today after work. It was buy 2 get one free and the dishcloths will bee part of some Christmas gifts. Also got some blocks to make some Christmas countdown calendars. Will put these items in my gift tote so they will be easy to find when I’m ready to make them.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, hope that you feel better soon.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Curtains are done and I just hung them. I got off work alittle early and Teigan went to her dads so we ate and then cut them and I sewed. Will see if she notices them.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I didn't have a chance to crochet today. It was just run, run, run. Went to Joann with DD while dgd was at gymnastics. I bought some supplies for CIJ ornaments and thought I now have everything I need. Nope, I should have looked at my list. Hopefully Wal-Mart will have what I still need.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No crafting here. I finished organizing my embroidery files and that's it. I did do some shopping! I bought a bolt of quilt batting at Joanne's. Now I just have to figure out where to store it in my already over stuffed sewing room.

My friend and I went to Columbus just for a few hours to the bag lady sale at the quilt shop. My big purchase was a box of prewound bobbins.

I have a stack of tea towels to embroider ( I bought those last year), and 2 sweatshirts for my husband. I have Christmas bulbs that I'll make free standing lace covers for gifts to go along with the tea towels. My sons nutcracker quilt is still a work in progress- I think I need one more fabric but not sure what color. And I need the fabric I'll embroider the nutcrackers on. I've been searching online and playing with some designs on paper. I think I might have it worked out.

I love to read about what you all are doing! Have a great weekend crafting.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Hope you're feeling better!

I hope the craft MOJO continues with everyone throughout 2019. My MOJO is a little lacking right now. I seem to keep bouncing from project to project and not really accomplishing anything. The studio is too big a mess for one thing. I need to clear some space to be able to work; and I want to organize as I clear, not just move stuff around. Wish me luck.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am drying some rose petals for making beads. I asked LC1 to save her parents flowers from their 60th (or 65th, I forgot which) Anniversary. I was thinking it would be cool to give her mom a necklace made out of her flowers. LC1 went out and bought me some roses instead. lol In hindsight, I probably should have told LC1 what I was planning.

I have been printing photos for an album for Dh of his grandkids. I only have what has been posted on FB to print so it's rather slim pickings but looks nice. I even put in the Thank you letters the boys have written to us.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, the rose petal beads sound beautiful, what a great idea.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul