Crafters Challenge December 9th-December 15th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Every one is sooo busy.

I'd love to see the grinch ornaments when they are done! And I'm sorry we don't get to see the paper clips!

I've been busy with other things so I haven't been sewing until today. But my room is clean and all the wrapping stuff is put away.

This afternoon I embroidered a sweatshirt for my husband. He loves the red pickup truck even before it was popular.

My 2019 list is way too long. My priority will be the nutcracker quilt for my son right after Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_7135.jpg
    IMG_7135.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ahorsesoul ~ Wonderful inspiration for the transfer paper. The Grinch ornaments are darling!

Myron's Mom ~ Your machine embroidery is extraordinary! Great present for your DH.

The "N word" is hard for me to use with DDs. Especially since this one is about a week away from her due date and probably won't have time to make a couch cover herself for quite a while. We'll see what the weekend brings.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What beautiful work you are all doing at the moment,
I need to do a few little things for DD BF but am not too worried if they do not get done before Christmas.
Working on my list for 2019

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The red truck embroidery is wonderful. The Grinch ornaments are cleverly done. Yes, I know the"N" word is difficult and I myself have rarely used it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh insisted I make the Grinch eyes yellow. He was right it did look better. I ended up buying a can of spray paint since I couldn't find any paint pens. I just sprayed the yellow paint into a cup so I could use a brush. Glad it didn't take long to paint because the spray paint ate away the bottom of the plastic cup I used. lol Didn't have much of a mess since I had a plastic mat underneath my work area. Worse thing was I forgot to wear gloves so I have two yellow fingers.IMG_2002.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The embroidered truck is beautiful.

Diedra the Grinch ornaments are really cute. The yellow eyes are great

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Diedra ~ Oh, I really should make some of those Grinch ornaments. If you don't mind a little flattery by way of imitation, could you give us a brief tutorial of your process, please? No rush, since I wouldn't try to do them for this year. I know everyone has other priorities this close to Christmas.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That grinch is perfect for my Dbrother.
Went to the hardware store to pick up a few items to make some quick crafts for DD BF. They had nothing that I needed in stock so I will now wait until the new year. Very frustrating when you are in the mood to craft but do not have the materials.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks MHHers.

I picked up the plastic ornaments at Walmart. Mine were round and flat instead of a ball shape but either would be fine.

I watched several youtube videos. I finally decided to use Polycrylic Protective Finish inside the ornaments. One lady said the floor wax used by some might yellow. Don't know if that's true or not. I poured some inside to cover it well. Polycrylic is very thin like water. Let it drain 5 minutes into a paper cup. Then poured in Sulyn Extra fine Glitter in Emerald color (from Walmart). I picked this for the color because it looked like it had gold and green colors. Then I picked a grinch face from google images and printed it. Cut it out taped it along with a square of white sewing transfer paper (had this for ages) to the ornament and traced on the face. I am not an artist so I could never had done it free hand.I can't duplicate a stick figure! I painted the face with a black paint pen. I couldn't find a yellow paint pen for the eyes so that's when I just used spray paint in a plastic cup (if you do this use a tin can!) and a paint brush. Let me know if you make one. It was really a lot of fun and easy. I liked how the glitter is in the inside of the ornament so it's not messy.

I did order a small can of Polycrylic from Amazon buy only because our small town did not have any. I'll use it to protect any painting that DD might do in the future. Or more glitter ornaments.

Reactions: luludou and Lana