Crafters Challenge February 10th-16th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am working on some scrapbooking and genealogy items. Right now I'm sorting old photos from my Dad's parents, his photos and his military papers. I'll put some in scrapbooks for my kids but the rest I'm sending to my brother. So scrapbooking, genealogy and decluttering all at once. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great job Diedra.
DJ I love the snow flakes on your blog, they are divine. I mentioned before how much I love those mittens, you do amazing work.
Started sewing together the tote last night, Will do more today.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Katrina! I added a couple more posts this morning.

And yes, indeed, I did add another quilt project (together with fabric) to my list and stash! I want to make a Storm at Sea heart quilt wall hanging for my Valentine décor, which at this time is pretty non-existent. Fabric just hopped right into my cart yesterday at Sewing Club.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

And yes, indeed, I did add another quilt project (together with fabric) to my list and stash! I want to make a Storm at Sea heart quilt wall hanging for my Valentine décor, which at this time is pretty non-existent. Fabric just hopped right into my cart yesterday at Sewing Club.
Don't you just hate it when fabric does that LOL?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thanks, Katrina! I added a couple more posts this morning.

That happens to me all the time! And not just fabric.....
I have my pattern pieces all laid out for my quilt backing. So glad I did it this way. I would have had a major screw up. Hope to cut and start sewing tomorrow.
Has anyone take classes at any of the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo? I'm going to the one in Cleveland in April. My cousin and I are signed up for one of the classes. I'm having second thoughts now because of my experience signing us up and the cost. I know we will have a good time regardless but I hope it's worth the money. Just wondering.....

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I'm usually reluctant to sign up for classes at a Sew Expo that I have to pay for. If it's a well-known presenter like Eleanor Burns who is delightful, I usually get the impression that they are infomercials. Most of them are selling their product and much of the same information can be obtained online these days. Unless it's a hands-on with a take-away project, I don't feel they are really worth the money.

I'm going to a craft and sewing expo in a couple weeks. I don't plan to take any classes. I did look through the brochure and explored the possibility of singing up for a class, but it was already full. Many of the classes I might like to take are offered at 8 am anyway, and I wouldn't arrive by then unless I spent the night there.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lol, yes I found that out early on. This is a pattern alteration class so, I am hopeful no infomercial. I plan to go with a list of questions to get my money's worth. I do research online and just figure stuff out on my own but I like the hands on classroom experience and the ability to ask questions. I will let you all know if it was worth the money.
Time to work on my quilt!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
did a few rows on the knitted socks and made a cuff for a crochet mitten for dd.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL