Crafters Challenge February 11th-17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Friends!!!

Halfway thru another month!

My crafting has been crocheting.

Not sure what will happen this week. Couple evening appointments.

What plans are you hoping to accomplish this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We're off again for Nebraska on Wednesday morning so will try to leave the studio neat and tidy and pack up some crafts to take along ... knitting and cross stitching for sure. I want to remember to take an oven mitt pattern in case DD is ready to pick out fabric for new oven mitts, and have me make them while there. I'm taking the I-Spy quilt for Julia's 2nd birthday which we will get to celebrate with her.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got quite a bit done over the weekend!

Cut out white felt circles for making wreath to donate to DS's school fundraiser in May. All supplies are assembled just need to start pinning on ruffles.

Squared off, cut and tied fringe and did large letter M in yellow fleece that I fused to center of MI Wolverines blanket that is birthday gift for DH in April. Just need to purchase navy embroidery floss to stitch around the outside edges of the M. Here is a pic of it so far:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/40190558302/in/dateposted-public/

I also did a robot themed Valentine's shoebox project for DS to take in to school. We could pick any way of decorating our box and this is what we settled on. I used silver wrapping paper and then used OJ lids I'd washed and saved, wrapped in foil for the ears and eyes. Small cardboard tubes wrapped in foil to go on his head. Paper towel tubes and gift bows for the "arms" Used the Cricut for the rest of the decorations. It's a lot bigger than it looks in the picture, two boxes stacked with holes cut inside for things to drop to bottom. And I made a flap in the back with a red ribbon pull to get all the fun stuff out when it's time. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/25352484357/in/dateposted-public/

I also made a small start of cutting out scalloped circles from brown paper for the second wreath I'll be donating to school fundraiser. Project called for cutting them out of paper sacks but because of the folds in the bag I think I am going to switch to using a roll of thin brown paper I've had forever instead. You fold each circle and hot glue them all over the wreath form then add some additional paper decorations...here is my inspiration pic:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734196785096/

Also cut out pieces for two felt "pop tarts" and one "brownie" that are meant to be part of felt food gift for friend's little girl for her birthday in September. If brownie turns out ok I'll do 3 more. Also have a fancy felt cake planned and some cute little broccoli florets - felt stem and green yarn pom poms for the "heads" :)

Cleaned up my craft area too - always craftermath to tackle!!! Looking forward to working more!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Oh my, you have been busy, creative and productive! I love the blue in the blanket. It looks so cozy! The Valentine box is fantastic. I remember the fun of making those with DDs. I hope your beautiful wreaths are good sells at the fundraiser. Is it an auction? I think the brown paper will work much better than paper sacks. I'm anxious to see the felt food. I'm making some for Sonja and need inspiration! I'm finding that felt isn't my favorite thing to work with, but I rather like the results I get.

I have some new blog posts up, and one more picture to take and post.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - Love, love, LOVE the coin purse, cards and the QUILT! Oh my word! I have such admiration for quilters!!!

The fundraiser is a silent auction. I checked with the mom that runs the committee and she was excited at the idea so hopefully they will help raise some funds! I will do baking of desserts again this year (it is a Fish Fry/Riley Bikeathon/Silent Auction all in one) and help put together gift baskets for the class DS is in. Each student brings in donations along a theme - last year's was the color yellow - and then I put it all together in a "fancy" way - made some tags, signs etc. It was fun!

Picked up the embroidery floss I need to finish the blanket on my lunch today - but I'll have to wait until this weekend to work on it - DH works Saturday so I can have my secret crafting time :)

Also got some misc. sheets of scrapbooking paper - can never have enough papers! It's a sickness!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks AJ and Lana!

I bought some more felt today for the felt food. I'm also gathering supplies for some CCS to take with us to Nebraska.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You are all doing so well. I am still knitting blue baby blanket to put away. It is taking longer than I thought to knit up.
AJ. I love the blue blanket, how cosy it looks.
DJ, I love the floppy quilts, they are perfect for a snuggly for a young child, beautiful work.