Crafters Challenge February 17th-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning Everyone!

Another GREAT week, last week, with you all getting some stuff done!

NOTHING on the table this week for me. Still need to do some taking in of stuff and some patching my son found for me to do. Nothing exciting.

Whar do you have planned?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Getting some stuff off my list and adding more
Makayla's blanket
SIL's Family wine bottles
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments
make up brush holder for Makayla
Home bottles
/Laundry room wreath
Daddy's little Princess shirt
Easter wreath

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I may actually get Valentin's afghan finished this week. Of course I have all kinds of projects to be working on; plus, I may be getting fabric in the mail from DD for a couple projects she's requesting. Also, I'm awaiting a fabric order for the backing of the lake loft quilts. I've got 2 or 3 more evenings worth of stitching to do on the February CCS owl, and then I'll start the February CCS cat, and then I'll be gathering charts, threads and fabric for some April birthday cards, and keeping up with the small weekly addition to the CCS anemone. Tuesday, Kathy and I plan to go to Open Sew; Thursday it's Sewing Club. I should be able to stay busy!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am re knitting the Santa tote that I have been working on. Not 100% happy with it so thought I would spend the extra time pulling it out and redoing rather than give something that I am not keen on.
want to find scrap fabric for the holiday teatowels and start planning those.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm almost finished with dd's 1st mitten. 2nd one should go quickly (crochet)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't been doing anything, but this week I need to update DD's girl scout vest with patches that she has earned recently because cookie booths start on Friday. And while I have the sewing machine out, I will get that pocket sewn on the apron I found in my sewing box and be done with it!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I plan to go to Open Sew tomorrow, so I have to decide what to take. Many of the things I want to get started on aren't really suitable to pack along. I may need too much of my miscellaneous paraphernalia from home. It's looking like I will take a paper-piecing project.

Haven't yet received fabrics for the lake loft quilt backings. We did finally get one delivery of mail but no package delivery. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally finished my quilt back. There was only a few scraps of fabric left over that were worth saving. I actually made a very, very small dent in my stash.
I think before I do anything else I need to do some cleaning. Sewing room looks like a bomb went off in there.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I have 8 more rows to crochet on the baby blanket and then the border. I hope to finish it this week so I can move on to something else. Perhaps baby booties and a baby hat, since I will have yarn left over. Then I can put it in the mail.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am glad that I pulled out the knitted tote and started again. It is knitting up much nicer this time. I will sew in the 'cheeks' rather than knit them in. Nearly finished.
Pulled out some fabric for the teatowels and would you believe I need to buy some fabric. I know that my mum has a huge amount so I may ask to look through her stash.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No crafting today but I did get my room cleaned up. I pulled some fabric for my next stash buster quilt , not sure when I'll start that. I also identified some fabric that I can send to the thrift shop. It was fabric I bought for a lap quilt for my sister in law. I did make her one but not what I had originally planed when I bought the fabric.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got back from the mall where I picked up some fabric for upcoming projects. The fabric was 50% off and got 20cm of each which will be plenty for appliques. Will still go through mum's stash tomorrow.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

At Open Sew yesterday I decided to take a UFO quilt from 2013. I can't believe it's been that long since I started it. I still love the fabric and pattern! Each block has a some paper pieced unites and then they are pieced with regularly-cut pieces. It took me a while to get back into the rhythm of it and to figure out where I was. Now that I've made that hurdle, I want to keep going with it so I don't have to go back to square one again.

I'm ready to add the last ball of yarn for the afghan. I wasn't able to get the same dye lot, so I'm hoping it doesn't show.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, today, I did quite a bit of knitting in the car on the way up and back from skiing. Then I came home and tried to do a machine embroidery design on a new sweatshirt. It messed up, so I had to painstakingly remove thousands of stitches trying not to damage the sweatshirt. I ended up with a tiny hole, but I can, hopefully, cover it up with the stitching if/when I get the design to stitch properly. Otherwise, I will probably have to resort to some sort of applique. Embroidery machines can be so frustrating!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went through Mum's stash and have enough fabric to complete the teatowels. Mum kept asking what I needed the fabric for. I am sure that she will recognise the fabric when I give her the teatowels.

Reactions: Rose94

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ sorry about the machine problems and about the little hole you ended up with. Hope the design covers it.

Got to do some knitting last night with a crochet hook. I had to drop two stitches on purpose for 36 rows and than use the crochet hook to put them back in. I somehow missed the fact that for two rows I had knitted and switch the two stitches around instead of purl stitch. If I had just knitted them I most likely would have just left them. With them switch around they just looked weird and if they were part of the cables that they sat between. Thankfully I didn’t have to pull out all those rows.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD is trying to loom knit some ASL signs. I have an e-book with the instructions so I printed off the ones for I Love You hand sign. It's fairly simple but she is trying to do it her way. I might have to try doing it first so I can rewrite the directions. One main problem is with binding off. She refuses to cut the yarn since it doesn't say cut the yarn. lol

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Nice fix on your knitting!

Ahorsesoul ~ Funny ... won't cut the yarn! The other day DH was using a recipe of mine to make chicken and dumplings. He said it didn't say anywhere to add the chicken!

I did get my embroidery to stitch out properly on my shirt. It looks fine. It's a 12 stitched in Seahawks colors, and the 1 is actually the space needle. I saw it as a window cling on someone's rear window and had to re-create it on my embroidery machine.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the knitted tote. I am really pleased with how it turned out. Nothing like the pattern called for but cute all the same.
Can start on something else now, I have a lot more yet to do.