Crafters Challenge February 18th-21st

Discussion in 'Crafters Challenges' started by Lana, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody!

Several of you made progress last week on some items! YIPEE!! WTG!!!

I crocheted some. I think I will try a bigger needle and try to make them alittle bigger. I made a couple with another round but not crazy about that size I don't think.

What are you all planning for this week?

I did find the little Easter Bunny heads at Dollar Tree that I looked for last year. Would like to do a wreath. Need to get some grass and either dig our eggs out or get some new ones.

Have fun!!!!

2. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

We're in Nebraska with DD and family this week. I brought some CCS and knitting which I will be continuing to work on. DD also wants to try her sewing machine on some vinyl. I'm not sure it's heavy-duty enough, so we're going to test it. I don't know what she will do if it doesn't work.

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Thanks for kicking us off again Lana.
    My plan for the week is to continue working on the knitted blanket, I think with a bit of effort I will have it finished in a few weeks. Only doing a few rows per night so still a way to go.

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'm crocheting dishcloths - almost done with the yarn and then I'll have to find something else to do :confused:
    Tomorrow I go to the knitting lady to do the heels on the socks

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I crocheted coming home from nursing home yesterday and made a scrubby. Only takes about 15 minutes.

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I spent some time on doing blanket stitch edging on the "M" in the middle of the fleece blanket - got maybe 1/3rd of the way done.

Also started up on felt mitten ornament I had kit ready for - it's 99% done, just need to finish adding hanger, stuffing last little bit and sewing it closed.

7. luludou

All the yarn for the discloths is gone - I got 11 made out of the big cotton ball.

Now I need to start some felt ornaments.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Great work ladies!

9. AuntJamelle

10. luludou

Beautiful AJ!

Went to knitting lady, still have a little work to do on the heels, but will have to go back for gusset. Meanwhile she is splitting my other sock yarn in 2 balls so I can start another pair as soon as I finish the other one...unless I buy more needles and start it at the same time... only $2 per set of 4.

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Cute mitten AJ!

Lucie, everybody would love a knitted item for Christmas!

12. luludou

I would love to have a few pairs of knitted socks for those who want them

13. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Greetings!

AJ ~ I would love to have a tree full of your beautiful felt ornaments!

Lucie ~ How many pairs of socks do you plan to make? Have you finished one or more pairs?

I'm knitting away on a prayer shawl. It's probably time to measure it to see how much further I have to go. I'm also doing some CCS on Christmas motifs for ornaments or cards.

14. luludou

I'd love to make 4 or 5 pairs... but... I have one done and working on the 2nd pair.

15. AuntJamelle

I would love to learn to knit socks! Maybe someday!!! :)

Sounds like you are making great progress on your prayer shawl, DJ!!!

I finished another card last night:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39542982265/in/dateposted-public/

Made a small start on another one. A girlfriend came over and we spent time cutting out letters and an image for a sign for her son's wrestling meets. Love the Cricut!!!

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Dd and I are making super-absorbent pads for the guinea pig cage. All day yesterday I cut fleece and U-Haul blankets (for padding) while DD ran the sewing machine. She goes back to work today so I will cut and sew for the next several days.

17. luludou

I will be knitting this afternoon. DS & girlfriend are gone snowmobiling with friends and dh decided to go to a hockey game.... soo.... I'm alone! :)

I will knit and watch some programs :)