Crafters Challenge February 24th-March 2nd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!!!!

Look at that ,,,,,,,Another new month among us!

I put the s on for my blog, but dind't try to go to it. Seems like everything else haven't did much on it of late either.

Jaymee got some shower curtains that she wants curtains from so need to get those made. Running down to the house she is doing keeps all busy with other stuff.

Enjoyed seeing and hearing of the projects worked on last week.

This week will be a set of curtains for me. The curtain kind of as the same pattern of floor.

What is on the table for you top work on this week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Priorities this week are to do some craftermath control which will include working on the samples of chenille for a presentation I want to make at Sewing Club so I can get it all put away. It would also be great if I could get the backing pieced and sandwiched with the lake loft quilt tops, ready for quilting.

I finished the afghan last night, so I'll be moving on to other knitting, including a scarf I've started, which I will do in the car when we do any travelling. And in the evenings I'll be working on some CCS motifs for April birthday cards.

I'm waiting for fabrics from DD to use for some name letters for Julia and stuffed owls for a mobile for Valentin. I may not get those started this week even if I do get the fabrics. I leave Monday next week for a ski trip, so I need to be prepping for that.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
going into another month and not getting much done. I will eventually get there.

Makayla's blanket
:)SIL's Family wine bottles
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments
make up brush holder for Makayla
/Home bottles
/Laundry room wreath
Daddy's little Princess shirt
Easter wreath
Easter centerpiece
Moms favorite shirts x4 for kids for Easter
Girls Easter baskets x4
Boys Easter baskets x3

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I put the s on but still doesn't take you to it directly! I have messed with it before to getting nowhere!

Lana, I've looked at the problem too. I even copied what you have typed. It does not copy the dot between cooking and blogspot for some reason. I shows it on here but when I copy it it's not there. Very weird.

I finally just typed in iluvcraftingandcooking and blogspot and got to your blog.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Today I hope to get a couple more sample pieces finished for the chenille presentation; and, since it's Rudy Day today, maybe I can start some Christmas motifs stitching on the embroidery machine while I sew the chenille and try to get some craftermath control done.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started a crochet cowl yesterday. Had 1/3 done. Had to undo the crochet cowl I as it got twisted someohw. Think I'll just make it strait and sew at the end.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will start on a new project tomorrow, not sure yet but have a few little projects that I would like to get out of the way. Would like to make 6 felt snowmen for work Christmas presents so might cut out all the pieces for those at least.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally got the cowl started in the round and it is NOT twisted. working on that.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

It's great to see so much activity here!

I didn't make any progress towards Christmas on Rudy Day, but do have all of my samples for my chenille presentation ready (I think). I won't be giving it for over a month probably, so can put it all aside and perhaps get some craftermath control accomplished.

I did finish the afghan for Valentin as well as a knit scarf for me, and a potholder for the presentation. And have nearly completed another CCS motif for a BD card. Just need to decide on and kit up another knitting project. I bought yarn yesterday for another prayer shawl but it won't be going with me on my upcoming trip, as it is too bulky.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm working on some Sharpie pen and alcohol tiles. Trying to figure out the best way to teach DD and her friend how to do them. The first one I kind of scribbled some circles in pink and drew some lines trying to get flower shapes. Forgot to take a before photo. The second one is just scribbled with three colors before dropping alcohol on the tiles. The third one is the same tile but after the alcohol dried. I think it will be fun for them to make as Mother's Day gifts.57299413881__936726FE-C9A6-4750-9107-CABD00622CED.JPGIMG_2360.jpgIMG_2361.jpg

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, the bottom tile is so pretty. What an amazing technique!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Diedra ~ Pretty effect! I haven't seen that before.

I didn't do any real crafting yesterday. I was pretty "crafty" with my packing, though. Got everything into one small bag, including ski boots and bulky ski pants, etc. My helmet and knee brace will go in my backpack. Rolling up clothes and putting them in the nooks and crannies really works.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Suddenly I am working on a crocheted rug. Was not in my plans but is what I felt like doing. Am using the leftover wool from the Santa tote.
Need to cut out and iron on all the appliques soon so that I can start some of the teatowels. I think this will be a great Winter project.

Reactions: AuntJamelle