Crafters Challenge February 24th-March 2nd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the first sheet set I've been embroidering - finally! Made a start on the second set's flat sheet, one pillowcase in the home stretch!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, sounds like a beautiful project. Would love to see pictures when finished.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had the ironing board out yesterday so cut out the designs for the teatowels that I am doing for mum and ironed them on. I have 6 teatowels and a calico bag now in a tote ready for me to stitch around.
Will alternate between those and the crocheted rug.
Need to make a plan so I don't miss working on what I need to do but some times plans go out the window and you work on what takes your fancy.
I think the next priority will be to work on the Christmas ornaments for work as the are a must do.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I tend to get sidetracked, too. I identified a need for some new coasters today and found myself rummaging through my stash for fabrics to use … when I was supposed to be doing craftermath control. Well, I did get some craftermath control done, but there's lots more to do. I also kitted up some yarn to start another shawl. I might try to get it cast on tonight or tomorrow.

I also posted pictures of a few more projects on my blog.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone is so busy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets side tracked.
The tiles are wonderful! Do you seal them with something?
I got my quilt sandwiched last weekend. I was quilting it. The more I worked on the quilting the less I was liking it. I ended up pulling all the quilting out. It was just awful looking! So it's re- sandwiched and I've come up with plan B which I'll start Monday. In the mean time I've been finishing stitching out the Christmas bulb jackets, which I'll finish up tomorrow.
This coming week I'll be going to Country Fabrics of Shiloh with my friend Lynn. They advertise 10,000 bolts of fabric. Us 2 retired nurses can do a lot of damage to our wallets there I'm sure.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, 10,000 bolts of fabric!! Oh lordy a girl could dream. I wonder what the minimum cut is?
Always good to have a plan B, hopefully the quilt turns out well.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is a calico bag that I worked on today. DH will use it to “wrap” my Christmas gifts in. A nice way to spend the afternoon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Katrina, As a joke you should hand him a 4 foot by 6 foot bag one year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hahahahaha!

Myron's Mom ~ Hope your quilting works out better with the second go-round. It's discouraging to have to take quilting stitches out! So close, yet so far.

Katrina ~ Very nice bag! You can give it back to him each year and ask for a "refill"!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
LOL,mmm I think that could work, I have made 3 of these bags with varying designs so hopefully will come in handy. If he does not use them I will use them myself.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you. I enjoy doing this sort of iron on applique. Very quick project with nice results.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
It’s already Friday and I just realized I haven’t posted.
Finished the first sweater sleeve along with getting the second one day done. Started on the sweater yoke and ripped it out 4 times. Hopefully the fifth time is a charm. The yoke is made two strands of yarn with short rows and I keep getting a hole.

Also got a couple inches in on a hat.