Crafters Challenge February 3rd-February 9th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the short month of February!!!!

DD, sounds like you got a deal on the fabric that was marked down and then also 40% off!!! :)

I purchased 2 skeins of yarn yesterday for mom to make Teigan a couple more scarfs. She knitted her a black one for her bday and Teigan loves it. Kinda short to wrap the way Teigan does it so Teigan picked out a puple and a light mint green to match her coats.

Alot of activity again last week. Nice to see!

What do you all have planned for this week?

Happy Crafting!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I need to get Valentines in the mail by Thursday, but I want to make some little gifts for the grandchildren. I'm hoping to machine embroidery "Big Sister" and "Little Brother" on shirt and onesie for Julia and Valentin; maybe machine embroidery something on a shirt for Sonja; and make up a tissue box stuffed with money for Iris. She's trying to save money for her 7th or 8th grade? school field trip to Germany. She's got several years to save for it.

I need to do some craftermath control to find storage for my new stash of fabric! Yes, I did get a terrific deal!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't get to the apron last week so I will bring that forward to this week. Actually, I will try to tackle that today and get it off my list.

I would like to bring out my knitting needles and start knitting a blanket or lap throw. DH wants me to needle knit a blanket. Not sure I have the right yarn but i'll see. No use in making scarves for where we live. I could make some dishcloths, that would be a nice, quick project to get me back into the groove.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My aim this week is to at least finish knitting the gusset for the santa tote. Will need a few finishing touches like moustache and nose. Not going to rush but would like it finished by end of February. then would like to work on a few small things and get them out of the way. I have a few crafts that I have been putting off for a while and would like to get them done while I am in the mood or else they might be UFOs for another year.:rolleyes:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well didn't get my January list done so going to continue it until its done.
Makayla's blanket
SIL's Family wine bottles
Mom's dish
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments
make up brush holder for Makayla
couple of other vanity items for Kayla

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Will be will be more sewing and knitting for me. Have a dress half done and would like to get it finished. Knitting will be on DGD sweater and I have a few appointments this week so I will take a dishcloth to work on while I wait.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally figured out my layout for my quilt and started finishing my blocks. Got 1/2 done and quit, my back said I was finished for the day.
I worked a little last night crocheting my scarf. I plan to work on it while the game is on tonight. It doesn't look to bad for a first attempt.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got some more tulle when shopping Sat. and Sun. so will crochet some more scrubby pads. Have been doing them the last few years and think people would get tired of them but this year had comments on how much they like them. I need to learn to do the double sided ones.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Very nice scarf. Have you started the mittens?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a long appointment today, have packed my knitting. Should help while away the time.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope haven't started the mittens, trying to decide if I do the cuff knitted or crochet.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I had two appointments yesterday, but no waiting time, so no knitting although I had it with me.

I did get the last inner borders sewn onto the lake loft quilts.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished quilt top yesterday except for some type of border. Husband doesn't think it needs one. I looked on line last night but didnt see any thing I liked. I have limited amount of fabric left so Im limited on what I can do. Will page through my few books and magazines this afternoon to see what's there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina ~ I had two appointments yesterday, but no waiting time, so no knitting although I had it with me.
My appointment turned out much quicker than I thought so only got a few rows done.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Being completely lazy this week and not doing a thing. I want to get the family bottles done tonight after I get a shower and work on a shadow box for my mom for her birthday that is today but yep havent even begun it

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
All Valentine cards and gifts are in the mail! The next deadline is Julia's birthday on the 21st. I already have her art smock done, but DD asked if I could make some stuffed letters of her name for her to hang on her bedroom wall. She wants to get her a big girl bed and update the room; however, she will be sharing it with her baby brother when he starts sleeping in the crib. So I'm waiting for her selection of fabrics for that project.

In the meantime, I have the lake loft quilts to work on and some cross stitch SALs that I would like to keep up with … plus knitting ...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
CCS SALs: January owl (Lesley Teare) is done; Weeks 1 and 2 of blackwork anemone SAL (Lesley Teare) are done; January cat (happinessiscrossstitching) SAL from 2015 is WIP; February owl (Lesley Teare) is kitted.

I'm knotting along with my knitting, too!