Crafters Challenge February 4th-February 10th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning!

DD I love how you work on stuff wherever you go!!!!

jampss, you are crocheting away!

Jody, had an ornament picked out and might be changing.

AJ, you do such nice work on the cards!

I don't foresee much crafting this week for me---AGAIN.

Have appointments and such.

Keep on crafting my friends---love seeing and hearing about all!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
No crafting for me this week. BB game Monday, meeting here Tuesday and will be getting the 3 granddaughters on Wednesday -Sunday, P/T Conference Thursday, and to the State Wrestling Tournament Fri-Sat. Busy week!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD I love how you work on stuff wherever you go!!!!

I don't foresee much crafting this week for me---AGAIN.

Have appointments and such.
No crafting for me this week. BB game Monday, meeting here Tuesday ..., and to the State Wrestling Tournament Fri-Sat. Busy week!
  • All look like good knitting opportunities to me!
The plan for me this week: Monday ~ Sew Fun with Kathy and Jan (and I will be knitting during the presentation); work on felt Christmas stocking for Sonja in the evenings; make and mail Valentine cards (using the machine embroidery motifs that I finished up last week); make a machine embroidery patch for a shirt for Julia; hopefully work on felt food for Sonja.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Really wanting to sit down this week and get a bit more done on some projects. Getting a little annoyed that real life is getting in the way of my crafting!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, love that you are working on a Christmas stocking. I really want to try and do more things to put aside for Christmas and I want to start soon so that it is all done in plenty of time and I am not panicking.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I did make the machine embroidery patch for a shirt for Julia. It could have turned out better, but it's fine. I also work on some felt food for Sonja.

I also ordered some fabrics to make some potholders for a friend. They will be either a housewarming gift or a birthday gift. It kind of depends on whether or not DH makes them something for their desk that I think they want, and give it as the housewarming gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, I have not gotten any traditional crafting done yet this week BUT wanted to share a photo of the BB8 cake I did for DS's birthday party:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/26229851098/in/dateposted-public/

It wasn't perfect but it turned out pretty good and he liked it which is all that matters! Tasted good too!

My next crafting goal is completing the tags for DS's class Valentine's treats and assembling the treats. Will share pics once I get at least one done.

Then I would like to get back to my regularly scheduled crafting programming! lol I have cards to finish and oh so many things to MAKE!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished a couple more cards last night. This one is for DH for Father's Day:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/40104841502/in/dateposted-public/

And this one I stamped Happy Birthday on the inside for one of my girlfriends:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/28357043589/in/dateposted-public/

Went to Michaels on lunch today, specifically to get a particular type of scrapbooking glue that only they carry in stock - I can order online but it's more expensive. Of COURSE they were completely out of it :( UGH!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been on quest to use what I have rather than purchase. I am have have some success and could have gotten by on things I did purchase. Today I remembered an item I could use for my CIJ ornament. I call it a win. Now I can proceed to create as I have what I need. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did good at JoAnn's! Got the fleeces I needed to make DH's MI Wolverines birthday present. Also got the fleece for two blankets I'm making as gifts this year. While I was at it I got more Wonder Under, scrapbook paper, CriCut mats and two more wreath forms. I'm planning burlap bubble wreaths as gifts for two people on my list this year. Oh and I got some small white silk flower sprays that will be incorporated into the spring wreath I am planning.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great-looking cake AJ! love the father's day card. Really special.
Back from our trip so will start knitting again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Waiting for things to cool down slightly, would love to finish knitting baby blanket 2.