Crafters Challenge January 12th--18th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
19,497
21,118
113
65
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Thank you to everybody for sharing their projects last week!

Last night before going to bed I made some laundry scent booster and some waste can air fresheners. I know not really a craft but..... Laundry scent is with epsom salt and essential oil of your choice. Waste can thingy with baking soda, epsom salt, water and essential oil. You put it in the waste can under liner to absorb odor. You put them in an ice cube tray and let them dry before popping them out.

Hoping to do some homemade bath salts or self care items for Christmas gifts and then got thinking if some of these homemade cleaning items work maybe some of them also, so will try some stuff.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:

Rose94

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
1,290
3,065
113
Ontario Canadaa
Last night before going to bed I made some laundry scent booster and some waste can air fresheners. I know not really a craft but..... Laundry scent is with epsom salt and essential oil of your choice. Waste can thingy with baking soda, epsom salt, water and essential oil. You put it in the waste can under liner to absorb odor. You put them in an ice cube tray and let them dry before popping them out.

Waste can thingy sounds like something I could use for the kitchen green bin container.

This weeks plans are:
Finish the totes
Knit at least one dishcloth—for Mother’s Day.
Work on shawl
Dress cut out
 

DahliaDoll

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
2,841
3,938
113
Hope to feel better and make some progress this week craft-wise!

I may try to plan a S&B at Kathy's on Tuesday; Stitched Together meeting on Thursday.

Studio time: Memorial quilt; finish gluing 3-D cardinal ornament; growth chart?; there's a mess of mending and ironing that needs attention; and I've been brainstorming a Christmas card idea...
 

jampss

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
8,604
15,391
113
63
FL
I finished a heart trivet crocheted with cotton yarn for my friend who just moved into a new home.

I want to make her little 8 yr old daughter a crocheted headband. I think I'll make one in pink with the star stitch. Her daughter made me a mug for Christmas! It was a mug that one draws on with special markers. It has a heart on it and says 'i love you'. Too cute.
 

sweetpumkinpye

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
21,404
38,354
113
61
Barmedman, NSW
Hoping to do some homemade bath salts or self care items for Christmas gifts
Lana, I am looking at shower melts for gifts. Pinterest has as lot of them. You make up the mix into ice cube trays, lavender, eucalyptus etc. You put one in the bottom of the shower, the water melts it and releases the scent. I thought that they might be nice for DD.
 

Lana

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
19,497
21,118
113
65
Southern Illinois
Katrina, I have a page on pinterest that I have been adding to for probably a couple years maybe. I think the vicks melts for shower/bath would be nice when feeling bad with a could or whatever. Gotta LOVE pinterest!
 

luludou

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
27,933
15,823
113
61
Québec - Canada
I'm thinking today might be the day to do some crafts to go kits.. pick things in my to-do list, get the supplies out with the pattern and put it all in ziploc bags ready to make when I feel so inclined.
 

AuntJamelle

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
4,328
2,772
113
South Bend, IN
Good morning fellow crafters!!!

Have completely finished 3 mini embroidery hoop ornaments now:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859098/in/dateposted-public/

Also finished 28 of these babies for class gift for Valentine's:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859238/in/dateposted-public/

And wanted to share the pic of these little pouches I added vinyl to - will be filling with gift cards and printed out inspirational quotes for the twins birthday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49379511757/in/dateposted-public/

I also am 99% done with Valentine's cards for 2 teachers and 2 aides - need to have DS sign the inside! I'll post pics, they turned out super cute!

Spent some time in CriCut software prepping the Valentine's card design I'll be send out to girlfriends this year - decided to make it easier on myself and make one design for all this time!!! Then I have to pick a design for card for DH.

I'm working on embroidery on a larger emb hoop ornament project - it's a little tree lot - hoping it turns out half as cute as the original idea! And I have another hoop prepped - ironed fabric and traced a circle to get me started - will be a wreath of flowers and then the words Merry Christmas in the middle...

Finished cutting and hole punching tags for birthday goody bags - the ones for chocolate frogs, cookies and caramel corn...have them in baggies waiting to be attached once I make the food items.

Will keep working my way thru list of ornaments...I have a few Harry Potter ones picked out for DS - will do those next!
 

DahliaDoll

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
2,841
3,938
113
Greetings!

AJ ~ What size are the hoop ornaments. Very cute! You're having fun with your Cricut!

Mary ~ Enjoy your time writing.

Some very nice crafting going on and ideas being shared!

I haven't gotten my mo-jo back yet. I'm anxious for my injured arm to feel better working in the studio. It aches when I have to reach for something. Using the iron is difficult with that arm, too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
5,639
13,675
113
Gurnee, IL
I was thinking of making slippers for family. Anyone ever make them? Any hints or ideas?
 

GrammaDeb

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
2,890
5,370
113
73
Nevada
I need to follow Lucie's example and kit my 2020 projects. Get everything out of shopping bags, organized, and ready to be made without looking for et ceteras like crochet hooks or needles or ... et cetera.
 
  • Like
Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
2,841
3,938
113
I was thinking of making slippers for family. Anyone ever make them? Any hints or ideas?
The felted ones are great. When you are felting them you can just mold them to the person's feet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Miss JoDee

jampss

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
8,604
15,391
113
63
FL
I went shopping for yarn today!
 

sweetpumkinpye

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
21,404
38,354
113
61
Barmedman, NSW
AJ great work, love the holly leaves.
 

DahliaDoll

Well-Known Member
Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
2,841
3,938
113

Greetings!


I'm looking forward to some crafting at Kathy's today while we watch a show about quilting history. We might pop over to Joanns, too, so I can pick up some DMC and look for some winter fabric for my deck table. I'm really enjoying changing out the table cloth seasonally. I could also use something for a winter table runner, 'cause, yea, I need more projects. LOL
 
  • Like
Reactions: AuntJamelle