Crafters Challenge January 12th--18th, 2020

Discussion in 'Crafters Challenges' started by Lana, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Thank you to everybody for sharing their projects last week!

Last night before going to bed I made some laundry scent booster and some waste can air fresheners. I know not really a craft but..... Laundry scent is with epsom salt and essential oil of your choice. Waste can thingy with baking soda, epsom salt, water and essential oil. You put it in the waste can under liner to absorb odor. You put them in an ice cube tray and let them dry before popping them out.

Hoping to do some homemade bath salts or self care items for Christmas gifts and then got thinking if some of these homemade cleaning items work maybe some of them also, so will try some stuff.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

What a great idea! I bet I could make this a craft for the girls! They would likely make good drawer or closet fresheners too. :)

Holiday_Mom, Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

Waste can thingy sounds like something I could use for the kitchen green bin container.

This weeks plans are:
    Finish the totes
    Knit at least one dishcloth—for Mother’s Day.
    Work on shawl
    Dress cut out

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks Lana,

Would be a good craft for DDs LCs to do with her too.

Holiday_Mom and Lana like this.
  5. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Hope to feel better and make some progress this week craft-wise!

I may try to plan a S&B at Kathy's on Tuesday; Stitched Together meeting on Thursday.

Studio time: Memorial quilt; finish gluing 3-D cardinal ornament; growth chart?; there's a mess of mending and ironing that needs attention; and I've been brainstorming a Christmas card idea...

6. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

I finished a heart trivet crocheted with cotton yarn for my friend who just moved into a new home.

I want to make her little 8 yr old daughter a crocheted headband. I think I'll make one in pink with the star stitch. Her daughter made me a mug for Christmas! It was a mug that one draws on with special markers. It has a heart on it and says 'i love you'. Too cute.

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lana, I am looking at shower melts for gifts. Pinterest has as lot of them. You make up the mix into ice cube trays, lavender, eucalyptus etc. You put one in the bottom of the shower, the water melts it and releases the scent. I thought that they might be nice for DD.

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Katrina, I have a page on pinterest that I have been adding to for probably a couple years maybe. I think the vicks melts for shower/bath would be nice when feeling bad with a could or whatever. Gotta LOVE pinterest!

9. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

Got seven pattern repeats on my shawl today. Only 34 more repeats to go. Each repeat is 10 rows.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'm thinking today might be the day to do some crafts to go kits.. pick things in my to-do list, get the supplies out with the pattern and put it all in ziploc bags ready to make when I feel so inclined.

Lana, Holiday_Mom and AuntJamelle like this.
  11. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Good morning fellow crafters!!!

Have completely finished 3 mini embroidery hoop ornaments now:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859098/in/dateposted-public/

Also finished 28 of these babies for class gift for Valentine's:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49378859238/in/dateposted-public/

And wanted to share the pic of these little pouches I added vinyl to - will be filling with gift cards and printed out inspirational quotes for the twins birthday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49379511757/in/dateposted-public/

I also am 99% done with Valentine's cards for 2 teachers and 2 aides - need to have DS sign the inside! I'll post pics, they turned out super cute!

Spent some time in CriCut software prepping the Valentine's card design I'll be send out to girlfriends this year - decided to make it easier on myself and make one design for all this time!!! Then I have to pick a design for card for DH.

I'm working on embroidery on a larger emb hoop ornament project - it's a little tree lot - hoping it turns out half as cute as the original idea! And I have another hoop prepped - ironed fabric and traced a circle to get me started - will be a wreath of flowers and then the words Merry Christmas in the middle...

Finished cutting and hole punching tags for birthday goody bags - the ones for chocolate frogs, cookies and caramel corn...have them in baggies waiting to be attached once I make the food items.

Will keep working my way thru list of ornaments...I have a few Harry Potter ones picked out for DS - will do those next!

Lana, jampss, Rose94 and 3 others like this.
  12. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

Going to work on writing about Ancestor 2 this week.

AuntJamelle and Lana like this.
  13. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

AJ cute projects

Totes are done and in the gift closet. They need a final pressing but will wait till gift time to do so. They are part of July and December birthday gifts.

AuntJamelle and Lana like this.
  14. DahliaDoll

Greetings!

AJ ~ What size are the hoop ornaments. Very cute! You're having fun with your Cricut!

Mary ~ Enjoy your time writing.

Some very nice crafting going on and ideas being shared!

I haven't gotten my mo-jo back yet. I'm anxious for my injured arm to feel better working in the studio. It aches when I have to reach for something. Using the iron is difficult with that arm, too.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was thinking of making slippers for family. Anyone ever make them? Any hints or ideas?

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

I need to follow Lucie's example and kit my 2020 projects. Get everything out of shopping bags, organized, and ready to be made without looking for et ceteras like crochet hooks or needles or ... et cetera.

luludou likes this.
  17. DahliaDoll

The felted ones are great. When you are felting them you can just mold them to the person's feet.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  18. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

I went shopping for yarn today!

AuntJamelle, Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

AJ, very cute items!

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

AJ great work, love the holly leaves.

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.