Crafters Challenge January 20th-26th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Everyone is accomplishing so much!! Speaking of servicing sewing machines...I really need to find somewhere to take mine to be serviced/repaired. I have no idea what is wrong with it but the last time I tried to use it, it wouldn't move. DH looked at it and neither of us could figure out what the problem was. .

On mine sometimes the bobbin winder is on so the needle won't move. It's drove me nuts more than once. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is doing well. Worked a little on the knitted tote last night. got over the tricky part and the rest will be plain knotting alternating 2 colours. Should knit up fairly quickly.
Looking forward to it cooling down and I can do some more knitting/crocheting.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
On mine sometimes the bobbin winder is on so the needle won't move. It's drove me nuts more than once. lol

I've done that before as well, more than once, that was the first thing I checked. haha

Finished my blanket!! Here is a photo! When I got it all laid out I did find a dropped stitch and there really wasn't any way to pick it up since I had already binded it off. So I hand sewed it and you can't even tell. This blanket is for me anyway so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm a little upset that I didn't notice it but i'm thinking it happened when DH squished it on the table to make room and I didn't notice it when I straightened it back out. There was nowhere large enough for me to stretch it out and work on it so I had to fold it up as I worked on it at the table.

Notes for the next one: Smaller loops to make the blanket a little tighter, make it a bit shorter (I measured it out at 6 feet- i'm only 5'3) so it ends up wider using less skeins. I used 7 skeins but the pattern really doesn't call for that many but since I made it longer than it really needed to be it wasn't wide enough for my liking so I added the 7th skein. It is rather large. My bed is a queen and you can see that it covers the entire thing pretty much as it's hanging off the end by several inches (you can't see that in the photo but it is hanging off the end by quite a bit).

Super easy to make for sure and sewing the lose ends when you're finished is very simple as well. I should have probably gone ahead and sewn the skeins together to join them but I was lazy. I will do that next time now that I realize how quick and easy it really is. I might do multiple colors next time instead of all one color. Can't wait to see if you gals make one!!

Attachments

• 20190124_100434[15129](1).jpg
    20190124_100434[15129](1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wow Jess. It looks great and as you say cannot see the dropped stitch. Love the colour.

Reactions: MrsSoup

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wow. That blanket is huge. I will probably just order some yarn for DD. It's too cold to go driving around shopping. This weather is going to last for at least a week. Off to search Amazon.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great job, Jess!!! I love it! Did you see my message by any chance? I was hoping you could share info on brand of yarn you used from Walmart? Maybe even a pic of the label?

Did more embroidery on pillowcase yesterday - making good progress!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
...the rest will be plain knotting alternating 2 colours.

I assume this was a typo, but I found it funny, as DH says I’m making knots, which I actually am. That may even be where the term knitting originated.

Jess ~ That turned out really nice! If it’s long enough, you could pull it up over the pillows.
Rose ~ Sorry about the pillowcase gaffe!

I’m hoping to finish up the Advent mittens today. There are only two left and they are stitched in the same hooping.

I’m also making progress on another CCS Valentine motif that I should finish this evening (only backstitching left).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Great job, Jess!!! I love it! Did you see my message by any chance? I was hoping you could share info on brand of yarn you used from Walmart? Maybe even a pic of the label?

Did more embroidery on pillowcase yesterday - making good progress!!!

I didn't, i'm sorry! I think I threw away the packaging and I was kicking myself because I wanted to read it about washing information. I know it was a black label but it wasn't Red Heart. I don't even remember if it was chenille. It was on sale on an end cap in November or the beginning of December when I bought it. I tried looking online but none of the labels looked right. I'll see if they have any when I go to Walmart next and take a photo if they do. It was $6.87 or $6.97 a skein when I bought it.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I assume this was a typo, but I found it funny, as DH says I’m making knots, which I actually am. That may even be where the term knitting originated.
OOps, yes a typo, but true. That is how knitting originated.

Reactions: Rose94

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The pillowcases are pkg and ready to go in the gift bin. I had to search the internet last night to find the poem to go with the pillowcases as I couldn’t find my paper copy or my saved copy on the computer. While looking I came across a site where they were selling fancy copies of the poem along with bag toppers. So I borrowed the idea by finding some cute clip art and made my own bag toppers. Feels good having three gifts made and ready to go.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
So much going on! I, too, finished a UFO. The Advent mittens are done! I posted pictures on my blog as well as several other recent finished projects.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I found a UFO when I was searching for a needle to finish up my blanket ends. It's a frilly apron that I made years ago. It's super cute and i'm not even sure how many years ago I made it, but the only thing left to sew is the pocket on the front. Can't believe I never finished it and it's been in my sewing box all this time. I will pull it out and borrow DD's machine and finish it up soon.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Jess ~ Great find!

I thought I would get the current WIP CCS Valentine motif finished last night, but I didn't have the right color floss next to my chair, and I was too tired to get up and get it! I coulda/shoulda done some knitting which was by my chair, but I guess I was too tired to even think about it. I really don't know what made me so tired.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I never thought to make pillow cases as gifts. I did make some for my father in law who was in the nursing home. It's a easy way to help make the room more personal. I've never seen the poem, I'll check that out.
I'll have to add the fabric gift bags to my list. Another good stash buster idea.
Dahlia, thank you!

Reactions: luludou