Crafters Challenge January 26th---February 1st!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Knit on socks today on the way to visit friends.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've been knitting too. and for those who haven't seen I finished a Valentine Gnome yesterday. The hat is not to my liking but will look up more on Pinterest. I want to do some more gnomes, 1 for each holiday - stpats, easter, a summer gnome etc... I joined a FB group where people just make gnomes. of course theirs are big - I just want small ones. I've been toying with the idea of making gnome ornaments for my friends for next Christmas.

Will go to dollarstore today and maybe find more stuff to make the gnomes.. I might make some with legs and they need shoes (seems you can use the ones in the 'baby shower' section) and more fur for the beards or thick white wool.

IMG_2166 rsz.jpg IMG_2167 rsz.jpg

Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I love gnomes. Yours is darling, and fits perfectly on your tiered rack. Great idea to make seasonal/holiday gnomes.

These are ornaments I made in 2018 using a combination of these two tutorials:

Pom Pom Gnome Ornaments: https://liagriffith.com/pom-pom-gnome-ornaments/

This tutorial is similar and has a link to the pattern I used for the hat: https://flamingotoes.com/wee-little-gnome-pom-pom-ornaments/

I used machine decorative stitches on the hats.

upload_2020-2-1_7-25-10.png

Did some knitting (socks) yesterday, but probably more frogging.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks DD!
I had seen a tutorial using glove fingers and bought a load of magic gloves at the dollar store this morning. They didn't have faux-fur anymore but I bought some thick white wool. Also bought some felt in rolls and some stretchy fabric for hats.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have seen these pom pom gnomes and thought I could make some this year, they are fun.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD thinks she might like to make these for Christmas. We will try to make a few this summer. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: luludou and Lana