Crafters Challenge July 22nd-July 28th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy! Howdy!

I ripped the bottom part off of Teigans pillowcase dress and will put a solid pink one on besides the material being all the same. Didn't have the solid when doing it so......

Not sure if anything else crafty will get done here or not. Weather they say is to be in 80's and have plenty to do outside with working and a meeting one night.

I do need to make some more burp rags and washcloths for an upcoming baby in September.

Enjoyed seeing pictures and hearing of all the crafts last week.

Keep on a CRAFTING!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm working on another cozy travel blanket. This one for Sonja. I think I'll be making one for Julia, too, and will probably want to get yarn for a fourth one for my grandson due in December. It's such nice, soft yarn to work with.

DD just told me that she would like some more flannel blankets for Julia to have for naps at daycare. They need to be bigger than the ones she has now. She's a growing girl!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Didn’t get to any sewing last week. Yesterday I decided that the master bedroom needed me more than the sewing machine. Nice deep cleaned bedroom but no quilt top done.
So this week is a repeat of last week. Putting the quilt top together, doll top and some knitting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will finish the crocheted rug this week. Then I can move on to some CCS that I would like to frame for myself for Christmas. I need to frame a few other things.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Although I've seen other really beautiful colors of this Parfait Layers yarn for the cozy blankets, I've decided to make two more with the same colors. The little ones will have matching pink/purple blankets; and Iris and the new baby boy will have matching blue/white blankets. Each blanket really only takes a little over one skein, so I have quite a bit of each color-way left. I'll only have to buy one more skein of each. At $10/skein, that will save a few bucks. That is, of course, assuming they have the colors I need. I'm just about done with one for Sonja.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I've just about got the 16 patch pieces done for my quilt. Should finish them up in the morning. I hope to finish cutting the rest of the blocks that will have the corner patches on them in the afternoon. i would like to have those pieces all done by the end of the week but not sure that will happen with my schedule.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got the center blocks sewn together and two of the outer blocks and setting triangles sets made and attached. Took a second try at getting them on as I sewn them to the wrong corners the first time around. Hope to get top finished tonight.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's truly beautiful Rose! Will you quilt it yourself? Machine or hand quilting?

I worked on Julia's cozy blanket yesterday while holding my lawn chair down. More of the same today, I hope.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose94, the quilt top is beautiful work, well done.

I finished to crochet rug yesterday and all of my scrap wool is now gone. i do have a few skeins on white, green and pink wool that I would love to crochet a baby blanket out of.
Need to take the rugs to the charity outlet now so that some one may get some use out of them.
Time to focus on gifts for Christmas.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Thankyou for the nice comments about the quilt.

Got the top for the doll almost done tonight while listening to some Christmas music. Almost because for the life of me I can’t find the Velcro to put on the opening as the closure. It seems every time I need to use it I have to hunt for it. Gave up looking for it and cut out the fabric to make a sleeping bag for the doll.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started working on some book marks for the ladies at work. Need to make about 6. Will post photos when done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Everyone sounds so crafty.