Crafters Challenge July 29th-August 4th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning Ladies! And welcome to another week----MONTH!!!!!

Like I always unbelievable that another month is upon us.

In later August I usually take some time off for ann./bday and I usually start some crafting for the holidays but not sure about this year. With everything just no time hardly here. Will have to make it.

Was sure nice to see the pictures of items last week and hear what everybody was doing!

What is on your list for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Back from our vacations. One week left but will be spent at home. I want to finish sock heels, start a new pair of socks and maybe start painting the slice ornaments ... almost done taking off the glue from the back of the slices

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been working on the digitized designs for the Advent mittens. I need to take my embroidery machine in today to have them check out the tension and see if it needs to go to the shop. The timing will be good. I can wait till after family leaves in mid August to work on them.

In the meantime, I have a couple of cozy blankets to be working on; and I have yarn to make scrubbies. I need to stop procraftinating, though, and spend some time prepping/planning for family's visit August 3-15.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another month...YIKES!.

Will try and finish the book marks this week and pop them away for Christmas presents for work.
After that I would like to try some felt work. Simple felt Christmas decorations.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wed afternoon I am teaching two of the young girls in the neighborhood how to do poured art. Sophie and Bree. Not sure how old they are but maybe 5 or 6th grade and the other a little older. I saw Bree's mother yesterday afternoon and asked her if it would be ok. We do not know them but see them walk around the block so I wanted at least one parent to have met us. These girls come around door to door selling painting they have done so I know they will enjoy the class. Should be a lot of fun and mess.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Wish I could come to your class, Diedra! Can you show pictures of your work and theirs? I'd love to do it with Iris, but when they come, we will also have some toddlers around and would be too hard to keep them out of the mess.

Yesterday I took my embroidery machine in for service and got started on the quilting for the next chenille wall hanging. I have about half of the quilting done. I also got out some materials for Christmas cards, but may end up having to just put it away again without working on them. I am totally procraftinating on prepping for company.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week will be a little more sewing. Have the pillow to make for sleeping bag and a top for myself. A little knitting—still working on the shawl for me. To make a long story short I didn’t like the way it turned out so I am redoing it. Also a little crocheting to make a 18 inch doll hat and scarf.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dierdra, what a lovely thing to do for the girls. I am sure that they will enjoy it.
No work on bookmarks last night.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The chenille wall hanging is ready for binding. Not sure if I'll have time for that though. Julia's cozy blanket is ready for bind off unless DD wants it longer. I'll check with her before binding off. I've got a little start on some Christmas cards but don't know if I'll get back to them very soon either. Gotta stop procraftinating and get ready for company!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The doll hat is ready for a Pom-Pom and both it and the scarf needs the ends sewn in. The sleeping bag is ready for the gift closet (bin). Tonight I hope to get the Pom Pom made for the hat, ends sewn in and some sewing time in on the top.
I also have some fabric left over from my top. Should be enough to make DGD a top out of it. Both the cutting lady and meself thought the fabric was 45 wide but when getting ready to cut I notice the fabric was actually 60. No complaints from me and the fabric was a good sale price.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My quilt is starting to look like something. The top is about 1/2 done. I wish I could spend an entire day working on it but my back says no.
My darling husband bought me the sewing machine I've been looking at to take to classes. It's much easier for me to carry up and down the stairs.
Someone had asked about me posting a picture of the free standing lace snowflakes I made. I have tried but when I try to up load it's says the file is too large. Any ideas how to fix that? I tried taking a photo of only 1/2 of them at a time but that didn't work.

Reactions: luludou

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, so beautiful, and like real snowflakes no two are alike. Beautiful work.
I am just about to finish the last book marks and then I will post photos.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ You really did beautiful work on those snowflakes. Thanks for researching how to post the pictures; and thanks Rose for your input. We love to see pictures!

My chenille wall hanging is in the dryer now being chenilled. I can't wait to hang it. I should have been prepping food for family coming, but, again, I procraftinate!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Myron's mom they are beautiful!

I started a crochet chemo cap tonight

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I LOVE the snowflakes! I really would like a new embroidery machine to do the lace stuff. Mine is real out of date!

DD, can't wait to see the wall hanging!

Rose, WTG on completing some items.

Katrina and Lucie you will be done with your items before you know it!

Diedra, did you have the paint day with the girls?