Crafters Challenge July 30th-August 5th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome! Welcome!

Looks like last week, a few found time for crafting!

AJ, on pinterest I saw a post for hard sausage and crackers. I put it under my felt food board.

I signed up for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap yesterday so to continue searching for something to make. Would like something that hasn't been sent before by people so that is hard. Have been in this for a GOOD many years and you receive 12 different items yearly.

What are your plans for this week.

At some point would love to get in and straighten my fabric closet and find fabrics that I will need to use for the projects that I have planned for Christmas. And my sisters Thanksgiving.

I received my Spelling Bee pattern book. Looks so cool. Lots of cutting. Blocks can be either 6" or 12". Some blocks have like 40 pieces. Maybe by kindergarten time she will have it!

HAVE A GREAT CRAFTING WEEK!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will get to the UFOs, I will get to the UFOs, I will get to the UFO's, my mantra this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Family is here, so I'm really scrambling all day long. Iris wanted to do some crafting with me, and she is still wearing her "Big Sister" shirt that I embroidered for her, which is now about two sizes too small, but she won't let DD get rid of it. So we bought her a new shirt and today we embroidered "Big Sister" on it in fabric and thread color of her choice. We will also be making a larger size "Little Sister" shirt for Sonja.

I also got a new label put on Sonja's growth chart with the correct date on it.

And I did finish the Seahawks scarf. I'm not totally satisfied with the bind off and edge stitching that I did, but I'm not taking it out. I will try blocking it to see if it looks a little better.

That's all from here. We will be heading to the lake tomorrow and returning on Friday. Iris and I have a list of some crafting to do when we come back, as she will be here for one more week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Happy Monday, all! :)

Lana - I will have to go look at your Felt Food board - always looking for new ideas!

Jody - Go, go, go on those UFOs! :)

DJ- Cute story about the shirt! Nice to see the things we make appreciated! Good luck on the adjustments to the scarf!

I spent some time this weekend on both the felt food and my blanket project. Finished one donut and am almost done with another. Also traced the applique pieces for the blanket onto Wonder Under, cut them out rough, ironed them onto the felt (after ironing THOSE) and then cut everything out on the lines. Now they are ready to peel off the paper baking and fuse them down onto the blanket. Then I'll stitch around the edges to secure them and add some pretty detail.

I'm going to do the fringe on the edges of the fleece blanket first though!

Thought it might be fun to share pics of a felt toy project I made a few years ago for DS. It is a castle I cut from cardboard and covered in felt. Also a cute little dragon I found a pattern for online.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/36285775825/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/36285775055/in/dateposted-public/

The inside of the castle walls I just used my imagination to decorate :) DS still plays with it! I painted some little peg people to go with it but couldn't find them!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got on Sunday to post a list since I have a few things to get done in the next couple of weeks. While I was typing out my list I got a text that my childhood best friend had just suddenly passed away a little while before. I was and am shocked and heartbroken. My Kayla is her nieces best friend and has been since the first grade. She has been with her friend since Sunday after I got the text and has no clue when she is coming home. Anyways I have a graduation tile I need to get done before Saturday I don't think i will have time to get to anything else I wanted todo

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Kim, so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. ((hugs)) May you find comfort in fond memories of your youth.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got the basket of UFOs out and found fall and Christmas items to complete. Hoping to get started after a few more clean up areas. I also know I am missing a least one other item put somewhere in the scramble of clutter.
I have
3 book panels
3 Christmas count down calendars Two of the calendars are identical to the one I made DS 33 which he now has and I will make the other 2 for dgds 4 and 1 that way each girl will have one like daddy's when they go out on their own a family tradition I hope. I try to embellish them before backing them to make them more interesting.
1 manager scene panel for DD 30
6 ornaments to sew teddy bears dressed like angels
and finally a scarecrow which will need to be done first.

First Step: Organize a sewing area.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just surfacing back to the world this morning...came down with the flu on Wednesday HARD. Aches, chills, high fever, just YUCK. Needless to say, there has been no crafting. Just trying to get through the day at work today. This is my birthday weekend too, so hoping to feel better by tomorrow!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
KimD - sorry for your loss
AJ - the castle and dragon are awesome!

Now that we are back home from vacations I will continue working on the socks. will try to go see the lady to help me next week but I'm not sure if she's not away on vacation. can't wait to be able to do stuff on my own. I did buy some wool for socks during the vacations :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got 2 of the books cut out. I want to embellish them before I sandwich them. I need to get into my supplies to see what I have to use for embellish them I won't go buy anything because I have to much stuff already and want to use it up.