Crafters Challenge July 9th-July 15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome, to half way thru July!

A year or so ago I purchased a turkey table runner pattern and have been collecting fall prints. Hopefully this year I will do the runner and some turkey potholders for my sister and partner for Thanksgiving. They host it every year.

I think from the Wonder Woman fat quarters I will do my younger sister some potholders and the microwave bowl holders.

Thinking of doing my mom and younger niece a thread catcher.

I ordered the Spelling Bee pattern but it won't ship out till end of July.

Might do a few more people the microwave bowl holders will see.

Of course, this doesn't mean I start this week--still cleaning and gardening--but I am getting a plan.

Still need to mess with the serger.

What is on your agenda this week???

HAPPY CRAFTING!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to go meet the lady again for the socks... I am finished the part she had given me to do. My cousin should be arriving today or tomorrow so I guess I won't be going.. it'll be next week.

I need to start an elf hat for the small bear in my bedroom.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ You’re inspiring me to get it going on my Christmas crafting!

I have two felt kit Christmas stockings to make. One is a WIP right now. I hope to work on it some this week.

I think I have a pretty good idea for making some Christmas cards but haven’t implemented it yet. I will also need to work on tuck-ins. I have several ideas for those, so we’ll see which one wins this year.

I have plans, also, to make some thread catchers. I need one for myself and would like to make them for DDs and perhaps one for another friend or two. I have a couple of versions to try.

I have some knit hat kits for DDs.

I don’t have any ideas for guys, unless it’s something baked. They might be just as happy! LOL

Most of my actual focus for the rest of the month, though, should be on craftermath control, since family is arriving at the end of the month. By mid-August, I should be geared up for my focused Christmas crafting (except for the quilts I want to make for DGDs for their 2nd birthdays).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone is so ON it! :)

All I've been able to finish recently are these birthday cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/35857919515/in/dateposted-public/

Hope to get fleece and wool felt for blanket project washed this week and ready to use. Have to decide on how I'll edge the blanket - thinking maybe just blanket stitch - and then cut the patterns and trace out onto the wool felt the applique pieces. I'm using patterns from one of the Gooseberry Patch Christmas books I bought at a used bookstore down in TN when we were visiting family last summer. The pieces will be of pine trees and moose with a moon overhead, should just take up area of one corner of the blanket.

In the meantime, I still have my felt purse projects to keep working on too! The list never ends! Which is half the fun I suppose!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cards are beautiful AJ! can't wait to see the blanket project

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Great cards! The blanket project sounds wonderful!

I've made some good progress on the felt kit Christmas stocking. I'm hopeful that I could finish it in a little over two weeks, but that might be too optimistic. Before Christmas anyway LOL ... but I do have one more stocking to make.

Last edited: