Crafters Challenge June 11th-June 17th. 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We are into mid June!

Yesterday I did purchase some material for Teigan a dress. The fabric that is presmocked and will just need one seam and probably will add some straps. It is white eyelet. $15.99 a yard but was 50% off. Unreal!

DD, lovely crafts on your blog!

I will wrapping my CIJ swap items hopefully in something I want to do but will see if it fits.

What is on your list for the week?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Had a busy week with last week of school for the kids now it's just regents they have to go in and take. We had three nights of banquets to attend for Kenny academic, sports and high honors then he had his senior dinner dance Friday night.

Last night I finished up a wreath that I started back in April for my mom, I also started Kenny's card box that I need to finish up today, also need to try and get three mugs done today also. Two so my SIL can pick up the third is a request from a cousin that either I will give her at my uncles burial next week or Kenny can give her when he does his senior walk the next day (she is a teacher at the school)

Reactions: teachermomof2

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Absolutely no crafting done since I last posted :(

This weekend was consumed with picking strawberries, cleaning, hulling, freezing. Also painted trim in two bedrooms, touched up paint in two rooms and repainted main hallway...on top of laundry, cleaning, food prep, etc. I had no energy left to craft.

Hoping to work on my felt ornaments in the evenings this week!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
They are beautiful AJ!

My 40 crochet snowflakes are done. Now I need to put on some stiffener, put a cord and add some tags.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Very nice AJ!

I have been crafting since school is out! YAY! I have things to get together for H's party. Yesterday I made a Celebrate banner for the display table. Today I'm working on Mason Jar Photo Centerpieces for the tables. I purchased vellum for inkjet printers and just printed out some photos. They came out beautifully! I have them hanging to dry now and will post pics when I get them put together. I'd like to get a 2017 banner made too.

ttyl!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Does my heart good! I just made one more post that I was saving until after the item had been gifted.

We just got back from a trip to Victoria, Canada. It was altogether wonderful. The only crafting I did though was some knitting. I had to frog quite a bit of it, so I'm not even sure I made any actual progress.

Tomorrow I have an all day free motion quilting class to go to and Thursday I'll be going to a Creative U seminar. Then I should have time to get back into the studio.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, Very cute bag! Some things just drive you up the wall before getting them done! I would love to be in your area. You always have such great classes to go to. We do have Jackmans but it is about 55 minutes away and a lot the things I am interested in are during the day.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lucie – 40 snowflakes was a big job! You are in the home stretch!

Teachermomof2 – You have a whole lot going on! Crafting things for parties is fun!

Thank you, Lana!!!

DD – Glad you had a great trip! I bet it was beautiful! Have fun at all your classes!

I finished the felt Franzia ornament for my friend. She is going to laugh so hard when she unwraps this!!! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/35176804641/in/dateposted-public/

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Very creative gift for your friend. Yes, she should get a kick out of it.

The quilting class Wednesday. was somewhat disappointing in that so much of the time was spent trying to sell the Bernina sewing machines we were using. They are truly wonderful machines, and when I purchased my new machine, the Bernina was the one I first looked at. I didn't need another sales pitch, particularly for the amount of money I spent for the class. They should have spent much more time actually teaching. TFL

So yesterday, a friend and I went to a Creative U seminar. It is also a sales gimmick, but there is no charge, and they do give tips on how they made the samples they show, plus 20% discount on anything purchased. I bought fabric for backing and binding the quilt I’ve been working on. Unfortunately, when I got home I realized I didn’t get enough fabric for the backing, so today I get to drive back (at least a 30 minute drive one way) to get the rest … and no one wants to or can go with me. DH would go in the afternoon, but I’m afraid the Friday afternoon traffic will be horrible.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday Teigan and I sewed her dress. Just a side seam needed and straps. I need to tighten the straps up. She tried it on for a few seconds and then off it went!

DD, hope you got your material. That always suck when you don't have enough!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I want to make pillowcase dresses for my DGDs for when they visit this summer. I wonder how they will like them.

I did go yesterday to get the additional fabric for the quilt backing. Then I sewed up a bag for the mermaid doll and her accessories that I had made last year. I will keep it at the lake for DGDs to play with when they visit. Got a picture posted on my blog.

I also did some repair of the yo-yo elf I made for Iris some years ago. She seems to be hard on the yo-yo toys. These things and the dresses I need to have done before they come, so I'm glad to have made this progress.

Then I stayed up quite late last night and got the quilt backing fabric pieced. This morning I sandwiched the quilt and have it about 1/4 quilted. Hope to finish it up in the next couple of days. It's for a July 5 birthday gift.