Crafters Challenge June 17th-June 23rd, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello! Half thru June so REALLY means getting on the downslide for Christmas if crafting for that! I think of has now Christmas ornaments will be on the list and not sure what else if any.

This week will be the finishing of CIJ ornaments. Almost there!

Baby sewing!

What are your plans?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Last night I made a bath towel for a baby boy. That's the most sewing I've done for a while, since we are finally home from our camping trip with Iris. She will be here till Wednesday and seems to have a plan to make some kind of fabric do-dah for her hair. She's very creative and says she doesn't want to use patterns! Making life hard for Mimi. LOL

Speaking of Christmas, I should get started on another felt kit Christmas stocking. DD#2 is expecting a baby boy! I think her due date is December 24th!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, a new baby. How very exciting.
Cold here so more crocheting to be done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, I will take some cool.

DD, tried leaving a couple comments on blog and it seemed to take then I got a message so not sure. Iris is a cutie and cute shirt. Love the towel. I like making them but have never used trim.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Your comments are there. Thanks! I used to be able to find cute towels for babies but never see them any more. I've started using fabric trim or machine embroidery. I still think they are one of the easiest and relatively least expensive baby gifts that seem to be greatly appreciated. So much better than most purchased baby towels with hoods, but I think they are getting a little better these days.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
More additions to my blog …

I'm working on a knitting bag for Iris and some CCS (Gnomes) in the evenings. Tomorrow I'm going on a FART (fabric acquisition road trip), but not really much of a road trip, just to JoAnns with a friend to search for fabric for a new and improved project tote.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished the CIJ ornaments - finally. Now I will move on to a couple flannel throws that I bought fabric for a while back.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Okay … more PIGS … I bought yarn to knit a cozy travel blanket for Iris as well as fabric for my "new and improved project tote".

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dj, I love your blog. So many interesting things on there. Love the lavender wands.
I few years ago I did my mum a Christmas present with a bag full of dried lavender, a lavender wand and an orange that I studded with cloves. (Not sure if any of you have ever done that). She loved it.
Might have to do something like that for her again next year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks Katrina! I've never done the clove-studded oranges. I should give that a try this winter.