Crafters Challenge June 25th-July 1st, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning!

DD, that sounds ideal to be at a lake and sewing. Do you sew outside or in? Yesterday was beautiful at about 79 and a breeze, today and tom. the same they say before heat is back up.

I have been looking for the pillowcase pattern I have. BUT................... I know you can cut them without it.

Not sure what this week will bring for me.

What are your plans for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks Lana for starting us off. You can always Google search Magic Pillowcase Tutorial to get all the info. I'm putting the amounts of fabrics to buy for pillowcases on my cheat-sheet to carry in my craft shopping bag.

I set up my sewing machine in the kitchen at the lake. I can sew with a view of the lake which is very nice. I could probably sew outside, but I don't want a breeze blowing my fabrics around. Also, I usually sew when it's cool and/or rainy out. I may not get to it this week. The weather is beautiful, and we have friends visiting tomorrow through Wednesday when we leave. Today, I need to do some grocery shopping and food prep for their visit.

I did a little CCS yesterday outside on the patio. After having done no crafting for a couple of days, it was so good to get back to it. It's a motif for an anniversary card for DD#2 and DSonIL. I changed the color scheme of a hydrangea from lavender/purple to greens and hope it turns out well. DD had green hydrangeas in her wedding bouquet.

Hopefuls for this week include:

• Make card for July BD
  • Wrap quilt for July BD
  • Finish CCS motif for July anniversary card
  • Make anniversary card
  • Start CCS motif for August anniversary card (DD#2 and DSonIL)
  • Pillowcase dresses
  • Felt Christmas stocking kit
  • Start quilting Moda Terrain quilt
  • Craftermath control
Yes, I really hope to do at least a little work on each of these.

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Now that school is done and graduation over time to get things done for Kenny's graduation party in two weeks.

Shadow boxes done need to find out if my uncle is done making them. One for Varsity letter and state patches other for awards and and stuff.

T-shirt quilt he starts his second job Tuesday so hopefully between my schedule and his I can get this done with out him seeing me doing it

cupcake picks x150 (think I might start cutting these out tonight)

photo frame for photo booth

start cutting things out for center pieces after making final decision on which ones I am doing

Kenny's mason jar bank he wants

print pictures, print news paper articles and get scrap book together

graduation tiles for Kenny, Sarah and Miranda (will give the two girls theirs at his party along with the pictures he picked for them)

print picture he chooses for this other girl and get in frame he got for her

Ok hopefully I can get at least this stuff done this week so I can work on other stuff next week

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
That sounds like a lot Kim. Good luck!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! Just wanted to say HI and explain what I haven't been posting recently - crafting has taken a temporary backseat due to this big guy:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/35417799741/in/dateposted-public/

Brought him home last Sunday afternoon! He's a 1 year old mastiff mix and a real sweetie! Hoping to get things back to a more normal routine this week and get crafting again!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ, I think he is a cutie!
Should be able to do some crafting this week while at home :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Big Guy is right! He does look like a sweetie!

One of my crafting buddies is camping at the city park here at the lake. We plan to go to the quilt and yarn shops in town today. Then I think we will be coming to our place to do some stitching by the lake. Fun times.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
AJ, we looked for a Mastiff mix when we were looking for a dog but didn't find one. You will enjoy him.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made a sweater cushion this afternoon... grrrr! sewing. It is finished. I did not tie the flaps but put them inside, don't know if I'll leave it like that or add buttons. Pic is on my blog. One more thing off my craft list :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Very nice, cozy-looking cushion! Doesn't sound like you experience hygge while making it though! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD you are so right about that :)

This afternoon I will meet a lady who will teach me how to knit socks :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
This afternoon I will meet a lady who will teach me how to knit socks :)
Cool! I saw the sock knitting book in your BD gifts photo. Let us know how it goes! A nice knitting project for the summer since they are small and won't make you too hot ... like knitting a whole afghan would!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Next time I go to see the lady I'll bring the book. It went well. I have to buy some knitting needles size 2,1/4 but it can be later (none are sold around here). Now I have some homework to do before I go back.. whenever I'm ready. She didn't want me to pay her so I'll have to try and find something to give her. It lasted 2 hours.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well here it is Wednesday and I have nothing done. I am just too tired after I get home. I am determined tonight to get thru the rest of Kenny's t-shirts. I have changed my mind again and am not doing cupcakes just going to order a cake one less thing I have to do next weekend, seeing that I am working until 9 Friday then party is Saturday. Hoping to get some of what I need to get cut out for centerpieces done tonight to so that I can get those together this weekend at least

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ Very sweet of her not to charge you, especially since it went well. Maybe there is a women's shelter or something that you could make a donation to in her honor.

Kim ~ Wish I could help you out! It's good to figure out where you can simplify at this point. You've taken on a lot! Hope Kenny appreciates all your thoughtfulness and effort. He sounds like a great kid!

I'm to the backstitch stage of a green hydrangea CCS motif. I should be able to work on that some tonight.

I'm hoping to work on the pillowcase dresses today. Then some major craftermath control. I didn't help the problem any last night when we returned from the lake. I got it into my head to make Sonja and Julia some I-Spy quilts for their 2nd birthdays (November and February), so I started rummaging through my stash for pieces of fabric which are now strewn about the studio along with everything else.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DJ- An I Spy Quilt sound fun. I thinking you are using fabric with lots of pattern for them to look for different things. You have got me to thinking that I could do a fabric book for dgd 3 for Christmas. I will most certainly have to include some Captain America fabric.

I am getting so excited to get to work on Christmas gifts but I have to use July to put my house in order. DS and family leave in the morning then there will be lots of cleaning up and resetting of the household.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Jody ~ I have family coming at the end of July for a couple of weeks. I'll be busy getting ready for their visit and then collapsing afterwards! You are right about the I-Spy quilt.

Well, today I made the card for Gloria’s birthday and worked on the pillowcase dresses. I had a tussle with the ruffler foot which I finally decided was not meant to work with my new machine. So I got out my Passport, and it worked great. Two of the dresses are now ready for the ribbon (last step), which I need to purchase. I should be able to get the third one sewn up tomorrow.

In the evening I finished the green hydrangea CCS. I think the colors turned out well. It is for an anniversary card for DD#2 and DSonIL. I should get the next CCS kitted up tomorrow which will be for an anniversary card for DD#1 and DSonIL.

I'll have to double check my timeline, but I may be able to actually work on some Christmas cards soon...at least after the family visits.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, like the cushion!

Sounds like several of you are moving along.

I did hem a dress for the CEO/Presient and when I took it to her at the branch yesterday, I came home with a bridesmaid dress to hem up the inner lining. It hung out like 3 inches longer than the sequin gown. Got it done last night and will take it in today so it is out of my house. It was for her daughter another daughter is getting married the 15th in Alabama.

I need to see what I need to do for holidays if I am going to sew.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still no joy on the crafting front. I have been really struggling between new job, new dog, stomach troubles with our other dog and just LIFE!!! Hoping to get caught up this weekend and get a new round of craft kits put together so I can grab moments here and there to work on things. Tomorrow is JULY! Got to get moving again!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
AJ- the new addition is very cute!
AJ pumpkin fixes or aids lots of dogs with stomach issues. Merlin and Kelso are both fine. But our previous boy Remus had so many issues I became and expert. If you need help yell.