Crafters Challenge March 3rd--March 9th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ski trip! Leaving tomorrow and returning Friday. I'm taking a knit cowl and a couple small CCS projects to work on. I want to get a little further on the craftermath control before I leave.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Different month same list. I did come home from work to a little visitor last night my 10 year old niece I got Aunt Kim can we make a shirt she already had the design set on my computer so we made that last night.

Makayla's blanket
/(Just need to locate the faces so I can get them on now)Next years grinch ornaments
make up brush holder for Makayla
/Home bottles
/Laundry room wreath
Daddy's little Princess shirt
Easter wreath
Easter centerpiece
Moms favorite shirts x4 for kids for Easter
Girls Easter baskets x4
Boys Easter baskets x3

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We all had a busy week last week, hoping to keep moving this week.
Would like to continue on the teatowels for Mum, have 6 more designs ironed on, just need to stitch. They are a quick project so am hoping to get those done and in the gift closet by end of March. I will then see if there are any other holidays/seasons I should do, I perhaps could do one for Autumn.

After that, just keep moving, I have set myself a lot of projects this year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Didn't get all my Christmas bulb jackets done since I went to town this morning. Have 4 pieces to stich out yet. Will finish them tomorrow. Since I couldn't work on my quilt I made my self a vest out of my stash. Will do button holes and buttons while the rest of the jacket pieces stich out.
And I'm like everyone else- new month, same list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM,those bulb jackets are gorgeous.
I keep thinking that I have plenty of time to get all my crafting done but also know that the time will pass so quickly and would rather have them done and then sit and relax rather than be panicked towards the end of the year.
One of the problems is, I keep adding to the list.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I had to frog and re-cast on my cowl. Didn't do a very good job of knitting while visiting with friends.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, such a pain to have to start again. Hope the cowl is working better this time.
I am working on the tea towels, nice easy thing to pick up and put down when I get a few minutes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven't accomplished much this week with my schedule. My quilt is ready to be re- quilted. I'll start that tomorrow.
My jackets are finally all stiched out. I'll put them together closer to Christmas so they are not a storage problem.
My friend and I made the trip to Shilo to the fabric shop. We had a fun time and the shop is wonderful!! We were both overwhelmed with all the fabric. A nice mixture of current and older fabrics and the prices are several dollars less then other shops. The staff was very helpful. I bought fabric for my son's quilt and some fairy frost that was on clearance (I couldn't resist!) Plan to go back for their sale in a few weeks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished my crochet cowl wednesday night and wore it yesterday ;)

Not a great picture but will take another one this weekend. There are 4 or 5 different colors in the 'cake ball'

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 7

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The cake ball yarn worked up very nicely.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm finally on my last row on the baby blanket. This row is a scalloped edging. 3 sides left.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Go Deb!!!! I am sure that you will be glad to have the baby blanket done.
Lucie, that cowl looks so warm, what a great idea.

Did not do any stitching yesterday but did do a few rows on the blanket.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ I know how good it feels to have those jackets finished up! And it sounds like a fun trip to the fabric shop.

Lucie ~ Lovely, cozy cowl!

I've finally got my cowl going. The lighting just wasn't good enough at the ski lodge we stayed in to see the small needles and sock yarn I was trying to work with. I finally got it going in the car on the way to the airport and on the plane. Sure not much progress to show for my week of trying; but at least it's now working out.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s mom Way to go on getting those jackets done.

Lucie—nice cowl. Looks nice and warm.

Added to my Christmas crafting list this morning. Also found some yarn I forgot about bury under some quilt batting that will work for some hats. I need more time in the day if I’m going to get everything done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I made some coasters this morning that I had pinned together before my trip. Just stitched around the edge and turned to finish. Kathy came over for lunch, chat and stitching.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie- love the cowl! My next evening project??? I'm thinking about taking a crochet class at joanns. I've got things pretty well figured out but could use some "professional" hands on advice. I wish I still had my mom, I know she could help me.
I started quilting my quilt today. So happy now that I started over. Looks much better. I didn't get to it Friday. My husband decided to get the taxes ready for the accountant. So I started making another vest instead, easier for me to run up and down the steps when he " needed" me. It's finished except for buttons and buttonholes. Of course I don't have the right color buttons so I'll get them the end of the week.
I keep adding to my list too. I'm retired and still not enough hours in the day.

Reactions: luludou