Crafters Challenge March 4th-March 10th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello! Hello!

I am just crocheting but finishing a few here and there.

REALLY want to work on the Easter wreath later today but shall see. Would like to have it up for awhile.

What is on your list for this week and for Easter?

Happy Crafting!!!

DD how was the show?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I bought more wool... guess I needed more :rolleyes: want to do a big scarf-shawl with pockets. Now need to figure out if I want it crocheted or knit and which stitches I want to use, so will do a few samples.

Still working on socks, and felt ornaments.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I enjoyed the Sewing and Stitchery Expo. Lots to see but wasn't really inspired with new ideas. That's probably a good thing! I made a couple of small purchases.

I finished a prototype chenille poppy potholder yesterday. It turned out really well, so I'm anxious to get going on the rest, but they will have to wait till after my ski trip. I lease Monday and return Thursday.

Posted a couple updates on my blog for those interested.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I spent an hour or so working on the blanket stitch edging around the "M" in the middle of DH's Michigan Wolverines blanket - probably have an hour or so left of work to go.

Picked up some burlap ribbon to hang greenery wreath above china cabinet. I'm going to hang it on top of an antique wooden chess board I've propped up on top against the wall - should look nice!

Got a small wire wreath form and a tall straight glass vase that I have some projects in mind for too.

Other than that was busy with errands and painting rooms downstairs....

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished sewing the last two guinea pig snuggle sacks. DD will order more blankets-batting for me to continue sewing pads. The mats & pads are much easier to clean than chips and bedding. I watched DD sew 2 toddler-size super ruffly pettiskirts for a co-worker whose 18-month little girl is in the hospital.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Stuck with my socks and knitting lady seems not to be at home today. will try to stop by a few minutes on the way home one night.
Working on Charlie Brown felt ornaments. All faces are embroidered. Need to blanket stitch around each

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not much crafting at all this week :( Unless you count painting? lol Tapes and painted downstairs bathroom last night - hoping to do 2nd coat tonight or tomorrow night! Planning to work on wreaths for auction this weekend! And the spring wreath I have planned - will be painting the faux eggs I bought this weekend as well!

Reactions: luludou

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DD ordered another dozen U-Haul blankets for my guinea pig pads. We know we will have to buy more fleece. This project is much like eating chips & dip or cookies & milk. It seems impossible to run out of both at the same time.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

GrammaDeb ~ Do you sell the guinea pig pads or do you use that many yourself?

Lucie ~ Hope you can get together with the knitting lady for the help you need. Do you ever resort to Youtube?

I'm back home from a lovely ladies' ski trip. My new sewing machine table is ready for us to pick up, and I received more fabric in the mail for the dish cloths I'd like to trim to coordinate with the chenille potholders. I need to find a good color dish cloth.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did meet with the knitting lady on Wednesday night and now I can start knitting again this weekend. I do look at youtube but it was easier to go meet her and have her explain what happened and how to fix it.

Plans for the weekend: knit, finish felt ornaments, MAYBE paint a birdhouse in gingerbread-brown (have to find 'candy-like' decorations to stick on it, eat chocolate, watch Walking dead and have tea!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
We do not sell the guinea pig pads - no way! They are all for our use. Our goal is to have enough to make complete cage-change-outs every day for 3 days.

Lucie - The birdhouse sounds fun. I LOVE gingerbread houses.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not a lot of crafting this week but I am hoping to get back into it soon. I went to the Op Shop last week and picked up a CCS pattern that I would like to try, it is of course Christmas related. I have the cloth and threads so will sit down and do that soon. I am still working on the knitted blanket but as it is not for any particular event I am happy to persevere.
Going to cool down here soon so am hoping to get more done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ah shucks! We loaded up the big, heavy, sewing machine table; hauled it home; unloaded it; partially opened it up in the driveway; and discovered that it is the wrong table. Called them; loaded it back up and returned it. It turned out that the table I ordered was delivered to a store about an hour's drive north; so we went to pick it up. Got home, but are too tired to unload it, and need to have someone to help us anyway; so we will wait until tomorrow.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im just about halfway through with the Donald Duck diamond painting. Its turning out pretty well. Im thinking of ordering another one with a different picture for when Im finished. There are literally thousands to choose from but I have no idea what I want! I guess when I see the right one- I will know.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, I just watched a video about diamond painting. It looks really interesting. Do you have to put the finished design behind glass? I am wondering if after a while the little beads would start to fall off.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
The blankets DD ordered are here. I will probably start cutting and sewing the next batch of gp pads tomorrow.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Katrina,

Im not sure if the beads would fall off. I have no idea what type of adhesive they use to make the canvas style base but it sure is strong!

As mine is a gift to Luke- I checked Ikea before I ordered- most come in a wide range of sizes so I made sure I ordered one that would fit a cheap Ikea frame.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, Thanks for that information. After watching the video I can see that it is something that I would be interested in doing, just need to find a pattern I like and finish other crafts before ordering something new.