Crafters Challenge May 19th-25th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We are halfway thru May! (and no garden in with all the rain)

You guys are doing great with projects! Keep up the good work!!!!

What does everybody have planned for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Work on knitted socks (almost finished with the heels) and more crochet angel wings. I'd like to try to do some watercolor too... maybe this afternoon?

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have 5 more felt hearts cut out so would like to finish those. I enjoyed doing them so thought I would do a few more to store away.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I am with you on the rain. We did get the front of my deck landscaping done but still have the rest of the front to get done. Kenny started it then had to go help my parents get some stuff they bought at garage sales that were to heavy for them to lift themselves. So I finished it up yesterday while there was no rain.

This week just want to finish some of this stuff up. I ran out of paint for my porch post welcome post. So I picked up some more after work today but with the non stop rain can't get it done tonight. I do want to work on the welcome sign for it tonight though. I want to get started on the stuff for Kayla's room also this week.

My cup
:)second coat of epoxy
make and put decal on it
third cup of epoxy

:)Porch welcome stand Just going to say this is done I will find something to put on top put a flower pot on it for now
:)last coat of paint
:)put hook on
:)Welcome sign
figure out what I am going to put on top (I wanted a bird house but can't find one I like, also would like an Eagle to show more support to Kenny's school if I can find one I like)

Makayla's room This will most likely take a couple of weeks

Paint wicker shelf that is in her room now
Paint dresser
Paint other dresser
Make foil pan flowers for her walls
Put hooks on tiles I already made for her room

Night stands
sand windows
build the frames for them
paint

Head board
have my best friend bring me over the picket fence she has I am using for head board
sand fence
paint

End of bed bench
build
paint
put fabric on top (which I have to remember to pick up tomorrow since it matches her bed set perfectly and on clearance for $1 a yard)

Vanity
build
Paint

Vanity chair
build
Paint
put fabric on

Makeup shelf
build
Paint

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ok Kim I need a break just from reading your DO IT List! It will be worth all the work.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yes, Kim, that's quite the list!

I'll be trying to finish up the owl mobile for Valentin and make one additional owl for Julia; more knitting on the afghan; finishing up the Spicy Spiral table topper when I get home (travelling on Wednesday); Sewing Club meeting on Thursday …

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW Kim, that is certainly a great to do list. It will all look amazing when done.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am hoping that her room will look like we are hoping it will. She keeps showing me more and more she wants. Which is ok. Now Kenny is starting mom can we make this or that for his room. He is home a total of 3 1/2 months of the year now. Although he thinks after next year he is going to go to graduate school at Syracuse University so he can stay home and just commute. As long as he can get mom discount basketball tickets I am all for it. No not really I cried when he told me he was going to do graduate school there, college I wanted him in all along(yeah really for my basketball tickets)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'd like to finish the sweater I'd planned to make last week. I misunderstood the pattern and though it was knit in one piece with a band added later, nope - I still have to knit two front pieces to attach, so I'm probably two weeks out from finishing.

I got a new book of mitten patterns - they're all so different - I'm dying to try one out, so I may take a little sweater break and make a quick pair.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I had to leave the owls with DD to complete, but she just needs to find some branches and hot glue the owls to the branches and then string the mobile together. I hope she can find time to do that!

Once home, I finished the Spicy Spiral Table Runner, including labeling the backing with machine embroidery. I'm currently brainstorming another of these but a smaller version for a coffee table we have in our dining room window. I want to use floral fabrics with green down the center … a Garden Spiral.

I also cut and re-hemmed some vinyl table cloths to fit the variety of picnic table configurations we use at the lake. We have two folding tables, so I want one to fit one table when the leaves are extended, and a cloth to fit over both tables when extended and used together. I didn't have enough of the vinyl to cut the large square I want, so have ordered more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have one more felt heart with holly to complete and then I am finished with those. I have other felt hearts on my to do list, pink with pearls and sequins. Am wondering if I put a cotton ball with some essential oil on it in the stuffing if it will be nice in a wardrobe or drawer.