Crafters Challenge May 3rd--May 9th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning My Felllow Crafters!!! :)

Last night I made 6 ear savers just the long part. Have to do the piece to put the mask around yet. Thought I would try to get some of them made up and send to people. A co-workers daughter I gave about 4 to and she said she likes them. Her mom did some using regular buttons and she ran out of buttons and at the same time I was doing mine and sent them in the work to her and she said Elisha is not saying that one is any better than the other both work so want to get several made up and send to that nursing home. Said when you wash them they go back to shape if they get out,

What is your plan for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We're at the lake, so I'll be working on some CCS and knitting because that's what I brought with me. I need to get Mother's Day cards that I made last week into the mail. When I get home, I'd like to finish up the Valentine ornaments which have been hanging around my studio; and work on an entry bench cover that will be more spring/summer-ish. I also have some beautiful fabric for fall ... plus a whole list of other possible projects which are currently UFOs or PIGS.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on the knitted cushion, I am knitting the "bow" at the moment. Should have it finished by the end of the week.
Will then sit and prioritise what to do next and make a list of those things.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Finished my ccs last night - yay! - and started on CIJ ornaments. The ccs will be put on a birthday card, but the b'day isn't until October so the pic will go into a baggie until then.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have the CCS December cat ready for backstitching. That and a little knitting on a prayer shawl is all I've done so far this week. We will be back home tomorrow, though, so I'm hoping to make some progress on something in the studio.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got 4 masks from a neighbor who was making them for a small donation. I also gave her some fabric and craft elastic (the kind used for making beaded bracelets). Does gifting materials to someone else count as crafting? lol

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I got 4 masks from a neighbor who was making them for a small donation. I also gave her some fabric and craft elastic (the kind used for making beaded bracelets). Does gifting materials to someone else count as crafting? lol

Of course that counts!!!!

I’ve been working on my quilts. I caved last week and went fabric shopping in Amish country. Several of the shops were open down there. I was in need of some solid fabrics for these quilts. I got everything I needed I think. I can’t wait for ALL the fabric shops to be open. :)
I also made 2 aprons. One for my cousin and one for another cousins great grand son. More fabric gone from my stash.
Dropped my big machine off today for yearly cleaning and service. I hope I’ll have the quilt tops done so I can start quilting when I get it back.
Have a good week every one.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Did you pick out the materials, touch them, look at them? ... Of course it counts! LOL

I'm not sure I've done anything yet today to qualify. Surely tonight and tomorrow though.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished knitting the cushion cover and bow, now I need to tie in the ends and sew it up, the bit that I don't enjoy lol.