Crafters Challenge May 6-12 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Challenges are called challenges because we get stuck. So let's set a goal this week and pick one thing a UFO, or starting a new project. Let's challenge ourselves to do something.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks Jody!

My first challenge is to finish the Mother's Day cards and get them in the mail.

In the studio I will be working on my project bag (just quilting the pieces now before cutting them into the right sizes and sewing them together), and the spring chenille wall hanging (need to make the binding and hanging strips and apply).

I should kit up my next CCS project (after deciding what to work on) for my evening crafting and also get back to the Christmas stocking felt kit. I may have one more to try to complete before this coming Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm planning on trying Poured Acrylic Art with DD this week. Sounds messy but fun. I have visions of beautiful artwork but will be glad if we just enjoy making a mess. Might end up as finger painting.

Anyone have any experience?

Reactions: AuntJamelle

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
No, but I see this with red and green and a splash of gold or silver. Would make awesome Christmas art.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to finish my acrylic painting for class this week. Ongoing with shawl & socks

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ahorsesoul ~ I've seen that technique but haven't tried it. Would love to hear back from you after you try it ... with pictures!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My dd and her kids did some poured acrylic art - it was easy, not terribly messy, and looks great!

CIJ ornaments for me this week.

Reactions: PamelaG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I might have to get on that poured acrylic art bandwagon!

I am finally finished with the project tote, small project bag and coordinating mug rug. I sure don't have much of the fabric left for anything else anyway.

So I have several new posts on my blog, with pictures.

Next, I'll either make more ornament stuffies or work on the chenille wall hanging. Perhaps both ...