Crafters Challenge May 7th-May 13th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning From Finally a Sunny A.M.!!!! 2 in a row--maybe they are back!

I KNOW I have slacked all year it seems on crafts and with the weather (if it drys up had 8.3") time for outside work.

I have narrowed the CIJ ornament down to 2 things so will have to really decide on it. Would like them done by end of May.

LOVED all the pictures of everybodys projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much talent.

What is on your list this week?

I have a pair of jeans to patch. Ryans friend had her leg removed and I may have some items to hem.

Then if I decide the item I would like to do I need to get everything for them.

Have a SUPER GREAT week everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Hoping to get some of this knocked off this week, Hoping is the main word here

-Figure out what shirts I am using for Kenny's t-shirt quilt and start deciding what is going to go where, he has quite a few that say Champion on the back I would like to use those as well, from different invitationals. (will be easier to work on since his girlfriend just came home today from college so he won't be around as much anymore)

-finish nieces tulle wreath (Just need to decorate and get wrapped)

-pick up wine bottles from Becki and have kids start removing glue when they have a chance

-Kenny mason jar bank he just seen at Walmart he has to have I can make with scraps I have here

-Design for Kenny's graduation party invites since now we have a date

-changed mind on card box found another one I like for grad party so going to get the stuff for that this week x2 since my friend want's one for her daughter also

-cupcake toppers cut out for 200 cupcakes for grad party

-start working on centerpieces for grad party

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finish CIJ ornaments wrap and send to Lana.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm making great crafting progress here, but unfortunately, it's procraftinating on household chores I should be doing instead. "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow ..." Anyway, I made three Mother's Day cards today and worked on quilting the Wander quilt. I may just be able to get the quilt ready for our travel trailer trip. Tonight I'm starting to bind off and border the wedding afghan, so it will be finished soon. Then I want to decide on what CCS chart to work on in the evenings; either something for a friend's birthday card or a UFO for myself that I started last year.

I've posted pictures of the Mother's Day cards on my blog.

I really enjoy this thread and checking back to see what everyone is working on and report my own progress. Thanks to everyone who is participating!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ love the cards. I did do a wreath today for a friends daughter seen the stuff sitting there when I went to get the stuff out for my nieces wreath to get that done and of course didn't do it. I need more glue sticks just haven't run down to the basement to get them. I will tomorrow and get that wreath done. Getting ready to put picture on my blog of the one I did today

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This weekend was mostly taken up by baking for DS's school fund raiser - 10 pies, 6 sheet cakes, 2 layer cakes and 8 9x11 pans of cakes/bars!!! I'm all baked out, ladies! Then all day Sunday was cleanup, changing sheets, bathrooms, vacuuming, laundry and so on. By the afternoon yesterday I was WIPED!

I did almost finish a tissue box cover - the bottom edges ended up just a little bit short so I'm going to get some grosgrain ribbon to match the black felt and sew a strip around the bottom to finish it off.

Did a little knitting too but that's it.

This week I hope to make a Father's Day card for DH and to finish up my sachet projects - I bought the lavender scented Epsom salts I need to fill them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim ~ Lovely wreath! I hadn't seen the candle either. Great job with the Cricut. You're not returning it are you? It's also nice to read about your amazing son's running accomplishments!

AJ ~ I can't believe you did all that in one weekend! You must be the energizer bunny!

I decided to do a picot bind-off and carry it around the edge of the afghan. I'm about half way around then pooped out last night, so can finish it this evening. Goals today will be to get some potting done of plants I purchased and some quilting.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ that is alot of baking, I leave that to the kids they love to bake.

DJ I am keeping my cricut, I sat and cut with it for about 5 hours tonight. Thank you about my son he is having an amazing senior year with his running, hopefully it continues next year.

I got alot of the vinyl cut for the bottles tonight well until I ran out of supplies ordered more which will be here by Saturday so that I can get them finished up. Picked up some of the wine bottles tonight the one that is getting married has been trying to work on getting glue off bottles for me so her sister didn't have them all today.

I have my favorite three year old for awhile tomorrow so I cut the stuff so we can make his mommy something for mothers day tomorrow. Along with a few other things I got cut out, that will get put together tomorrow as much as possible. I did however forget to cut out Kenny's bank saying so I will get to that tomorrow or after the other vinyl gets here and I get the cricut back out.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
To be honest, I did bake the layer cake layers and 2 of the 9x11 cakes the previous weekend and froze them :) But the rest was done in an all day stretch on Friday and on Saturday morning. Getting it all in my car safely was the real trick!!!

Finished 2 sachets last night!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/34167445580/in/dateposted-public/

Did some more knitting and made a good start on my next felt ornament too!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have completed two shadowboxes of my mom with her nursing items and photos. Now I need to write up some info to paste on the back. In one photo she is wearing a wig and other photo is from her hospital's newsletter and included a recipe for Norwegian Fruit Soup. Those stories will be lost if I do not write it down. One box will be sent to my brother.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra what a wonderful souvenir! I'd love to see pictures of your shadowboxes.

AJ beautiful work once again.
Good work DD and KimD.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Diedra what a wonderful souvenir! I'd love to see pictures of your shadowboxes.
\.
Once my brother receives his I'll post something on FB. thanks

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds lovely Diedra!

AJ, that is a lot of baking! I was so glad when kids got out of grade school. They went to a Catholic school so lots of fund raising and bingos and sweet treat week-ends to bake for. Carnivals, cookie walk.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Diedra - I absolutely love anything involving shadow boxes!!! What an awesome project!!!

Lana - LOL - I was in heaven doing all that baking! That is the most I've ever produced at once! I don't think I'll be ready to do it again until next year though!

Finished another felt sachet last night and am 95% done with the final one that I will keep for me. I decided to do one for DH's aunt - this uncle and aunt visited us over Easter and they sent gifts from their visit to the Pioneer Woman Country Store on their way back home - so I'm putting together some things for them this year! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/34188521460/in/dateposted-public/

I made a trip to JoAnn's yesterday to and got a new wave of craft supplies. Poor cashier, I had so many coupons! hehe OH SO MANY projects are waiting for me, just singing my name!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ The sachets are beautiful. What a nice gift for your relatives.

I finished the wedding afghan and the Wander quilt. Started on a CCS motif to make a BD card for a friend, and kitted up a CCS project for a wedding card. Need to contemplate what to do for Father's Day cards (CCS/computer/other?).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you! :)

Finished up 4 things last night that were all in various states of completion prior to now!

Dandelion Pattern Tissue Box Cover:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/33755595544/in/dateposted-public/

Holly Pattern Felt Ornament:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/33755596054/in/dateposted-public/

Heart Shaped Lavender Scented Sachet (this one is mine!):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/34468240511/in/dateposted-public/

And finally, I finished the 4th washcloth I've been knitting. I'm going to try a new pattern next! I've made a small start on another dandelion pattern tissue box cover as well...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love them! Your embroidery is so lovely. I keep meaning to try it. Where do you get your felt and such lovely patterns?

I posted pictures of the afghan on my blog.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ love them all especially the tissue box cover

Picked up the wine bottles and started working on removing the rest of the glue she had already started working on them which was a good thing.

Have been getting texts from my SIL tonight asking how much I would charge her to make a couple of things. I have a very hard time with giving anyone in my family prices I would just rather make and give to them. She wants a couple of coffee cups for my brother for fathers day.

Sports are still taking up most of my time. Kenny had his last duel meet tonight, Kayla's last regular game is Monday. She has a game tomorrow and Saturday then Monday. Due to all the rain we have gotten and cancellations all teams for softball and baseball are battling it out for sectionals so post season is coming up. Kenny has one more invitational, league meet, sectionals, state quails, and according to both his coaches tonight he will have another run at states so won't be done until at least the second week in June now. Kart racing and car racing will start tomorrow night due to last weekends rain outs also

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the compliments, guys! :)

DD - I get my felt (wool blend) from a local craft store that sells it both by the yard or in the little rectangles. I use that felt for any projects that are going to be handled a lot and regular acrylic felt from any craft store for things like ornaments. The patterns are all Pinterest - in this case I just saw a picture I liked and just eye balled it free hand. Simpler patterns like the dandelion one are more forgiving!

I brushed up on my knit purl stitch skills via another YouTube video yesterday afternoon and I'm going to work on starting a new dishcloth today using a new pattern - we'll see how it goes!