Crafters Challenge November 18th-November 24th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hi to All!

At the end of this week ---- ONE month till Christmas Eve!

GREAT work done all week by all!

Hoping with my time off this week to do alittle sewing but will be decorating inside and hopefully outside!

What is on your list this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I want to finish the Hungry Animal soft books (two of them) and get knit socks going for Iris. Once the soft books are done, I want to make a doll carrier for Julia (her DMom's suggestion) … and continue working in the evenings on the Christmas stocking for JB. I figure maybe 5 more evenings should finish up the front of the stocking, then it's just the hanging loop, sewing front to back and the name tag. I won't be able to make the name tag until he is born.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I made a crocheted scarf for DD26 with the pretty Mandala yarn.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Definitely made good progress this weekend! Made the tags for and tied them onto the Pinecone Firestarters - so that project is done!

Completed the "You are my Ohana" Pineapple notebook set

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45905984222/in/dateposted-public/

Completed the 12 tissue paper suncatchers project - although I want to make 2 more (DS had fun with this!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/44138899920/in/dateposted-public/

Got 90% of the way done with all 25 Rudolph wrapped Hershey Bars for Christmas Class Treat - just need to finish making the antlers and then glue them all on. AND pick up more dark brown paper - I ran out just shy of wrapping the very last candy bar - UGH!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45905985182/in/dateposted-public/

I drew on the embroidery design to the 2nd tank top and basted on stabilizer

I traced the pieces for a simple circle/holly leaves felt ornament

I made the tags for 4 jars of Italian Dressing Mix and 4 jars of Carraba's Bread Dipping Mix - got them taped onto all of the jars that I filled last night.

I made a start on gluing together the marshmallow roasting sticks for campfire felt playset but need to finish - ran into some technical difficulties but I think I've figured a way around them. It was more a matter of needing time when DS wouldn't walk in on me - lol

I glued up both felt book ornaments too! Turned out pretty cute if not as spectacular as I'd hoped!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45955368471/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45905984902/in/dateposted-public/

This week my to do list is:

Finish Christmas Class Treats
Make 2 more tissue paper sun catchers
Finish marshmallow roasting sticks
Finish embroidering at least 1 tank

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I think I am done for a while unless want to sew more for dgds AG dolls. I may have time in December. We have no plans until December 21st.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well I attempted to work on embroidery on 2nd tank yesterday - poked myself with the needle and didn't realize it was bleeding slightly. Got some on the tank - UUUUGGGGHHH. Will try to "shout it out" tonight or tomorrow.

Will switch gears to felt circle/holly leaves ornament today - or keep working on French knots on 1st tank. Which are a pain in the rear - may not cover as much of the tank as I had originally planned - lol

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Truly great work! Hope you can get the blood out!

I made some progress on the soft books yesterday but it seems so slow-going. The satin stitch I'm supposed to do on the tiny little beaks is IMPOSSIBLE. I'm going to try something different. They are the last three elements before making the hanging loop and assembly of the stocking. There is, of course, the name, but that will have to wait until after he is born.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the reading shawl! It is now being 'blocked' with a wet towel and set to dry. I'll take a picture in a few days.
Need to restart one of the socks :rolleyes: ended up with too many stitches, just at the beginning so might as well restart

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well I attempted to work on embroidery on 2nd tank yesterday - poked myself with the needle and didn't realize it was bleeding slightly. Got some on the tank - UUUUGGGGHHH. Will try to "shout it out" tonight or tomorrow.
I have heard that if you prick your finger and get blood on a project, dab a little bit of your own saliva (on a clean finger) on the spot when it is wet and it should come out. Not sure if it is true but an older lady told me so.

I am working on an ornament for DD. She got roses from BF a few weeks back and I am wanting to put some of the buds into a clear ornament. I have a metal disc that says,
Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite. I will add that to the top of the ornament. I am thinking that red velvet ribbon will match the roses.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I've heard that about the blood and saliva, too. It doesn't seem to work that well for me, though. That will be a sweet ornament for your DD.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Blood can be removed with hydrogen peroxide too. Try it in a spot that doesn't show first.