Crafters Challenge November 19th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So Ladies how many of us have items to do for Christmas? 2017 Christmas?

I do have a few to do.

Yesterday a.m. I did print out over 100 reindeer feed sayings. Think I need about 90. Have most of them cut apart.

What is your agenda this week?​

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We're in Nebraska this week, so I'll be doing some knitting and CCS that I brought. DD has some clothes she got for Julia that she would like me to alter.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ongoing on the knitted scarf & socks. will start crochet dishtowels too. found an easy pattern.

Have some felt ornaments I want to do too.

but nothing has to be done absolutely for Christmas

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I would like to complete a couple of ufos for Christmas if I can.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished last touches on felt notebook cover last night! So that can be wrapped now!

Gifts to finish for Christmas:

- Pinecone Firestarters...need to wrap wicks around pinecones, melt wax, add cinnamon and vanilla, then dip, dip, DIP! Also need to make tags that say "You Warm Our Hearts"

- Cork and Bead Keychains...making 5 total for various people - just need to assemble

- Classroom Treats...thinking I'll do candy sleds if I can find Kit Kat bars at decent price. Will need to buy glue dots and candy canes too...still debating this one but will probably go with it

- Some sort of gift for front office staff at DS's school...have a couple of ideas that I have the supplies for...more to come on this...

- Photo Brag Book for DMIL with pics of DS...planning to order the photos to use at same time I order prints of the photo we'll send out with Christmas Cards this year...

It's going to be tight but I "think" I can finish each thing in time. The firestarters are the last major project and hope to do them this evening, but we'll see. They have to be ready to ship by Dec 4th...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my crocheted dishcloth (so much quicker for me than knitting!). will start a 2nd one tonight

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gave 7 crocheted rugs to the charity organizer yesterday. told her that I do not want to do any more for a while as I have a lot of UFOs here that I would like to work on for myself. 1/4 of the way through a knitted baby blanket that I am doing to put away for later. I have had the wool for a least 4-5 years so I am glad to be doing something with it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Everyone's busy! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

We will be going home tomorrow. DD has a new project for me ... oven mitts to coordinate with her new kitchen remodel. She said for Christmas, but I think it will be later than that before she is able to decide on fabrics.

When I get home, I will focus on ornaments for DGDs and a little something for DDs. Maybe I'll also have a chance to work on the poinsettia placemats I have planned for myself.

Last edited: