Crafters Challenge November 25th---December 1st, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Afternoon--by 1 minute!

Thought I also started this thread this a.m. but guess I got thinking about Amazon and off I went!

For Christmas yet I have ornaments to make, a blanket for the 18" doll and a couple other things.

Alot of things happening in life now so will work it in!

Rose very pretty dress!

What are your plans for this week?

Last edited:
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have two shadow boxes to work on this week. Now that I have Thanksgiving done I think I'll have some extra time.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No crafting this weekend - was focused on decorating!!!

This Week's List:

Felt Cookie Ornament - TOP PRIORITY
Finish 1st tank embroidery
Try to salvage 2nd tank and finish - I'm going to try the peroxide!!! Saliva only helped, tried that right away, didn't completely fix it :(
Felt Circle/Holly Leaves Ornament
If I have time, I'll work on finishing Christmas class treats

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have all the elements of the felt Christmas stocking done except the name tag, so it's time to decide what to use for the hanger and how to sew the front to the back. The socks for Iris are going great. I have the heel done on one sock and will try to finish the heel of the other one today. Then it's just knitting up the leg part. The soft books are just taking so long, but I've "only" got the front and back pages to finish. Of course, they are the more difficult parts.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I purchased 3 large candle lanterns off our local buy-sell-trade page -- white, red, and a silver one. This week, I'm planning to assemble these with tall pillar candles and some artificial greenery and will display them for the holidays outside the front door. I'm in a townhome, so we're fairly restricted on exterior decorations.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finish my paint class this week which is a good thing. I have unraveled one of the knitted socks and have to try to start it over.
I am know on full-Christmas mode so I don't think I'll have much time for crafting before Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've put some pictures up on my blog. Christmas stocking is done, soft books are done, plus I made a hooded baby towel today and just have a little hand stitching left to do. Knitting on the socks tonight ...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings!!!

I've gotten a little bit of progress accomplished! I'm 99% done with felt circle/holly leaves ornament. Just need to stuff and seal last little bit and add hanger. Will be quick!

I've also made a good start on the felt cat softie for DS. No pressure on that one, he'll get it for his birthday in Feb if I don't finish it.

I also knocked out this ensemble for a Disney character dress up day at DS's school tomorrow:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/31166748127/in/dateposted-public/

Would you BELIEVE that the carrot on the hat is something I had sitting in my craft desk for a couple of years? I made one extra carrot by mistake for an Easter project and just hung onto it. This experience is not good for my crafter hoarder tendencies.

When I throw ANY craft supplies out - even scraps of felt, scraps of paper, I hear that darn Benjamin Franklin in my head - "Waste not, want not"

And then I force myself to picture episodes of Hoarders.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
What a cute dress up day outfit! The carrot was very handy to have. Whenever I get rid of something, I wish I had it back within a day or two. LOL

Socks are ready for the cast off. I need to explore how I want to do it. Is there any guaranteed lose bind off that's not too loose?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished the socks. After trying several different bind off methods, I finally used the Russian bind off and am pleased with the result. Now to get stuff wrapped and pack for my flight to Nebraska!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
AJ I continue to be amazed at what you can do. The Olaf is wonderful.
DJ Great job getting it all finished.
Lana Isn't that just like us always wishing we did more.
After I am done with putting decor our and straighten up the downstairs I will prepare 2 fleece blankets for tying.
I am getting former bosses 2 kids off the buss on Friday (the 7th) and it is their Christmas gift from me. They always want to do crafts with me so this gives us an activity and a gift. Win-win.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the compliments!!! :) DS was so excited to wear his costume today - made me feel good! I got a video of him before we left saying "My name is Olaf and I like warm hugs!"

I finished sewing together all but one set of pieces for the black cat softie yesterday - need to add a white patch to the main kitty body and then can start assembling.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What are great job. I love looking at all the pictures of your completed projects.
DJ, the OLAF is priceless.

I have packed up a lot of my craft for the next few weeks to make way for Christmas decorating. I did enjoy bringing out the few things that I have made this year to decorate the house. A new cross stitch is on our bathroom vanity and a love stitching is on my bedside table. Pleased with both of these. I have wrapped a few felt decorations for DD and my mum and look forward to them opening them on Christmas day.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I think that I may join you all again at least for the next few weeks. I have had so much that I have wanted to get done in the past few months but just don't have the heart todo any of it. I lost my sister very unexpectedly on Sept 12th and have not even wanted to do everyday things. Missing my son in college like crazy makes me want to do nothing at all. Working non stop is wearing me out. With it being December 1st I really need to get a move on things I need to get done. Just off top of my head

Finish up grinch ornaments
Karlee's angel ornament
Kenny's fleece blanket (was working on when I got call about my sister it has sat half tied since that day)
Kenny's t-shirt quilt (second one kid has too many running shirts)
Moms Family wine bottles
Kayla and Kali's wine glasses
My coffee cup
My coffee tumbler
Jay, Kenny and Davids bottle opener boards

I am working on wine bottles tonight since I have to go and pick Kayla up from work at 11 anyways, three nights now I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow morning since I am coming off 13 days straight of work

Reactions: luludou