Crafters Challenge November 26th-December 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting into the last month of the year!!! WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?

Working on some ornaments but not sure about the glue.

Mom brought out a round stuffed ornament the other night and had Christmas 2017--Teigan on it and she said to put the handprint on the back. So need to get on there. Made out of muslin and a jute hanger. She did them with her Sunday school class.

Have moms thread catcher to do and the microwave bowl holders.

At some point after the decorating will do them. By December 24th!

What is on list?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still knitting the scarf (half done), the socks (barely started) and 1 dishcloth done - want to do a few more. don't think I'll try to do the felt ornaments for now

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I still have several gifts I want to make and can't quite make decisions and get going! I think I large part of my problem is the mess in my studio!

Christmas:

• 3 ornaments for DGDs (CCS motifs are done)
  • Christmas cards need to be signed, stamped and mailed
  • Thread catchers or other gift for DDs
  • A couple hostess gifts (idea: single-use soaps)
  • A girlfriend gifts (Shirley/Susan/Karen ... donate children's hats to charity in their honor?)
The circular scarf I started some time ago got frogged today and restarted with a different pattern. I decided that I really want/need a new caftan/robe for myself, so I threw some flannel fabric in the wash that I purchased years ago with that in mind. I just want to splurge some more on myself! TFL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, robe sounds nice. Not often do we do stuff for ourselves--it seems.

Lucie, good work on the knitting.

I was talking about some projects for 2018 and Allen lets finish this years, first.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Made DD some resusable face wipes out of a hand towel. Simply cut and overlocked but I hope it is what she wants.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm going to try making two clay Hunter ornaments for Dh's two grandsons who started hunting last year.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will start a fabric book for DD once I am done with decorating.

Has anyone heard from Kimlovessnow?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I don't think I can return the red tablecloth that I had intended to use for placemats, so I decided I'd keep it and try it for the placemats. I have a couple pieces cut to make my prototype with. I need to get some green metallic machine embroidery thread before I start the embroidery. I should have enough gold metalic thread.

I got the pattern cut out for the caftan/robe, too.

Then DH and I went to Costco and Lowes. Since I'm fighting a cold, I'm now pooped.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yesterday I bought batting that I will need for the placemats, metallic thread for the embroidery, and two pieces of fabric for more hair bun ties for Iris. I also found a few minutes to experiment with and pick out a decorative stitch for the borders of the placemats . And cleared off the surfaces in the studio (unfortunately by moving "stuff" to a spare bedroom).:oops:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I sent the pre-Christmas gifts to dgds and they got the package today. I guess there was trouble with dgd 4 wanting what I sent dgd6 so gma will be making more nutcracker pillows. I better get myself to JoAnn's tomorrow to get the fabric panels.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jody ~ I haven't had that problem ... yet. I do have a DGD who requests certain things, though ... not always what I really want to do, but I'm her Mimi after all ...

I've got a good start on my first poinsettia placemat. It's ready to try the machine embroidery. If all goes well, I can assembly-line the rest of them. Then decide how I want to do the napkins.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good going ladies. When I was little (in fact when we were older too) are grandparents always got us the same. We use to tell them to get us different. LOL We are 2 yrs. apart.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Just put up a new post on my blog if you are interested.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
off to look at DD's blog. Still knitting, my scarf is 3/4 done

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been asked to knit poppies for the Australian War Memorial who are needing 5000 poppies. They will be used next year to mark 100 years of the end of WW1.
Are pretty quick and am hoping to get a few done by the May deadline.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Katrina ~ That's a great project. Do you have a pattern for the knit poppy you can share?

Lucie ~ Is that the scarf pattern that you've struggled with? Good work!

I finished a new caftan for myself yesterday. It's a pattern that my friend made for me and I've made my own changes. It should be a very simple construction, but I don't have written instructions, so I usually have some trial and error along the way (can you say frogging?). But I finished it and am wearing it this morning.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpeg DD hoping that you can read the pattern for the poppies. Not sure what happens in rows 7 and 8 as I have not made one yet, might have to fudge it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
thanks for the pattern Katrina.
DD yep that's the same scarf.
would love to see a pic of your caftan