Crafters Challenge November 3rd---November 9th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, that hoop ornament is adorable. DD is an avid HP fan, I wonder if I could do something like that for next year.

Won't be long and we will be writing next years list.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, thanks for the link there are some cute ideas on there.
Dahlia, yes it’s machine embroidery, not sure why I didn’t say that. I’m a bit of a ditz these days.
No crafting yet this week since I’ve been cleaning, but Saturday I am going to do cards.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Thanks for the great link with very cute ideas!

Our weekly sewing group met at a new location this week. We had a good turnout and the space was pretty cramped.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My cards were a total flop. I have some lovely cards that were my mother in law’s. They are from the late 60’s or early 70’s. So I think I might send them instead if I can find them. I guess I’ll work the bugs out of the ones I was making for next year.
I finished my sample quilt from the edge to edge class. I put it on the living room chair since it’s a cat blanket and Sebastian has already claimed it as his.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana it is Kim Deloff
This has not been my week forsure. Monday night my computer cord went thankfully David has the same computer as me and never uses it so letting me use his cord until my new one comes in so I can get some orders done. This morning I am watching tv and my ruku box goes so no tv since I refuse to pay high price of our cable. Tonight I am texting a few people to let them know I have orders done and my phone goes. On top of that my brother texted me Tuesday night to let me know a cousin lost his battle with cancer it was uncurable and we knew he was at the end of his fight. He at least made it to Saturday when he married his long time girlfriend.

This week:
design and cut decal for cup (in the process of designing now)
second coat of epoxy on cup
Glitter ornaments (now a million of them I have gotten a couple done since I have been out of work tonight)
xorder brown glitter (for football themed ornaments
Ornaments I know I can get done this week or in process of getting done
Softball
Unicorn
xblue baby's first Christmas
Initial & name
xxx football ornaments
xx memorial ornaments with mom in my sisters handwriting (these were done with lots of tears)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kim ~ Wow, that's quite a bit of electronics failures and so sad about your cousin. Hope you have a better week.

I purchased some trim for the Dirndl, so now I'm anxious to get going on it, but need DD to let me know how the bodice fits first. I still need some trim for the neckline and some kind of ribbon (or whatever) for the lacing. I ordered Dirndl hooks (they were shipped from Hong Kong LOL). Could take 2-3 weeks for delivery.

In the meantime, I have several CCS motifs to turn into cards and an ornament; the growth chart to get going on (beginning with machine embroidery letters); a cuddle throw to sew; new sewing machine to evaluate at Open Sew on Tuesday; two Grinch ornaments to make (including knitting some wee Santa hats but need to purchase some white yarn) … and the list goes on … No crafting down time here, so I hope my zeal stays with me.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, hope you like your new machine! Always exciting to get a new toy.
Kim, sympathy for the loss of your cousin. You have had a very tough week for sure. I was wondering if you could you tell us about the memorial ornaments, if it’s not too personal. I would love to see what they look like. My cousin had told me she would love to have anything in our grandmas handwriting so I’m very interested in what you have done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Quite a few years ago I took some of DH's DMom's recipes that I had in her handwriting, printed them on fabric and made potholders for DH's DBro and DSis. I think DH would like one too, but I haven't made him one yet. I should, especially since he is doing so much more cooking these days.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a sample of my dad's handwriting that I need to transfer onto one of my dad's handkerchiefs. I want to put it away for when DD marries.