Crafters Challenge November 4th-10th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Week to You All!

Everybody was busy last week!

DD, love the postcard cards and the gifts. She will enjoy that.

I got 8 turkeys done yesterday and then Teigan wanted to play something in the dark so..... Will finish them today.

Jaymees girlfriend gave her a cat and it likes to try for the needle! I don't know how many times last night I had to quit or slow down for Josie then one time out of no where I hear this squall but the presser foot just got it, Needless to say I didn't have to worry about it anymore and Josie is walking fine and you can touch the foot and all.

So this week (tomorrow) I will get the 12 Days of Christmas swap items in the mail and move along.

What is on everyones plate this week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks Lana!

I've got a pretty busy schedule this week, including Sew Fun on Monday, knife sharpening at JoAnns on Tuesday, doctor appointment on Wednesday, Sewing Club and perhaps a craft show on Thursday and theatre on Friday. However, I do hope to at least get a start on the soft books for Sonja and Julia. Some craftermath control is in order first though.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have to start the new socks and continue with reading wrap (think I'll run out of yarn :( )
Nothing needs to be done before Christmas, so that's good.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I got distracted and made a stuffed fabric owl as a prototype for a possible mobile for JB. It turned out cute. Hope DD#2 likes it. She can pick out fabrics to use for others and I can probably make them when I visit in December.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Things are humming along for everyone!!! :)

I finished the first fleece blanket so that just needs to be wrapped now. I got the felt applique cut and fused onto the other blanket yesterday and have started sewing it down.

Felt marshmallows and handles are done and ready to be glued onto the sticks and then the whole felt campfire set will be done and ready to wrap!

Stuffed and sewed up the "pages" for the inside of 2nd felt book ornament.

That's about it - just have to keep working!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finished my 4 gift bags. All I need is some cording for the drawstrings and they are ready. Will do that when I go out later this week.
The Santa key poems are for my son and niece. The keys and frames were things I found when we were going through my father in laws trailer when we put him in a nursing home. Grandpa would be happy I could use some of his "stuff".

Attachments

• IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6614.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6613.JPG
    IMG_6613.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Rose94 and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gorgeous bag Myron's Mom! I made santa keys a few years back but never thought of framing them, they go in the tree as ornaments.

FINALLY, got my knitted socks started, boy did I have a hard time, but now they have been started.​

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Nice accomplishments. It's so wonderful that you were able to use the old keys. They look great, and the bags are lovely!

Lucie ~ Glad you got the socks started. Sometimes the first step is the hardest.

I went to Sew Fun today. I got some knitting done during the presentation but didn't end up buying anything. There wasn't anything too inspiring, and I've got enough on my plate right now.

I sent DD a picture of my prototype owl for a mobile and she said "That's pretty cute!" I guess I'll be making more of them when I visit in December.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I cut out blocks to make hand warmers and coasters. I also want to make some of those fabric mini tissue covers. I need to get back to my knitting projects. Yikes!!

I made birdseed ornaments this morning. I posted a picture on my Facebook page....https://www.facebook.com/thetilteditalian/

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
cmerth ~ The birdseed ornaments will make very nice gifts.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I spend a lot of time yesterday Googling and saving knit scarf/cowl patterns. Then in the evening, I spent some time knitting. Not too much actual crafting getting done so far this week. Tomorrow I'm going to Sewing Club and then to a craft fair. At Sewing Club we will be making gnomes out of men's socks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It is so cold at my work desk that I work with my scarf. Think I'll crochet some cowls and scarves after Christmas and mid-hand coverings.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s mom. Great use of old keys and love the bag.
Cmerth the birdseed ornaments are a great gift idea.
Hi to everyone else.
Lost our hydro Tuesday morning for a couple hours. When it came back on our internet did not. Finally got it back late last night. Have one pair of pj’s completely finished and the other two pairs started. They both take the same colour thread so I pin what seams I can on each and sew away.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Rose ~ Good idea to "chain piece" the pjs!

I'm spending more time on the computer surfing for knitting ideas and embroidery machine designs than actual crafting. I need to kick it into gear!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hey guys, I think I am REALLY back in business now! Got the system set up completely tonight. I even got to post pictures on my blog---YIPEE!!! Haven't did that for awhile. Tried here but were to big. Resized then but didn't carry over. Pictures of the 2 12 Days of Christmas Swap items I did. Some people can get to my blog and some can't.

Blog pictures go picture if you click them. Turkeys have like 25 pieces or so apiece.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ The turkeys are great! Teigan is really growing up!

I'm still not doing much crafting but did some craftermath control yesterday and ended up making one more coaster for the studio so I don't have to keep moving the one around. I also finished up the stocking gnome that I started at Sewing Club.

Reactions: Lana