Crafters Challenge Oct. 28th-November 3rd, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning to All!

I have really enjoyed being able to craft this week. I have one feather that I need to recut out of the wonder under (cut wrong way :( s 14 to do) and iron that on and then can iron all into place on the pot holders. Mom was out yesterday and I showed her the one done and she liked it.

Also we need to work on Teigans Halloween treats for school. Tiolet paper holders like mummys and like poppers to pull string (bakers twine) and candy and a couple small toys will come out.

So this week it is to put the thimbles and hangers on mini quilt ornaments, finish potholders and the mummys.

Loved all the pictures last week and hearing of your crafts!!!!

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana thanks for starting us off.

This week I want to get my family and friends Christmas cards done. Got the ones I was doing for an exchange yesterday. Also need to get busy sewing and make a birthday card needed for a week from tomorrow.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have a few projects I'd like to work on this week … as usual …
  • Felt food for Sonja's BD (and/or I will give her the Christmas stocking)
  • Soft books (Sonja and Julia Christmas)
  • Christmas gift for Iris (knit necklace maybe?)
  • Advent mittens (machine embroidery) for JB, but not needed for this Christmas
  • Christmas/birthday gift for Shirley (notebook cover for purse?)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Productive day! I finished quilting my quilt. Tomorrow I'll work on the binding. Can't wait to finish.
I also hemmed by gray fleece wrap and stitched the muslin vest. I haven't tried the vest on yet. Decided I needed to put real clothes on to see if it fits. My usual home attire is a sports bra with a oversized t shirt and leggings:rolleyes:.
I started sewing my other fleece wrap on my travel machine but the fabric slips and slides. I'll need to use my other machine with the walking foot to get it finished.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom and Lana ~ You're getting more accomplished than I am. I've been doing yard and garden work with DH, but it has it's own rewards. Hope to get into the studio today for some crafting progress.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Morning all! Sounds like everyone is busy!

We are back from camping weekend - had a day off before coming back to work so got some crafting done!

Finally got around to wicking and dipping all the pinecone firestarters!!! These will all have tags tied on with Baker's Twine that say "You Warm Our Hearts" - I'll give some in a nice container to family/friends that have fireplaces or go camping all the time. :) I added Snickerdoodle fragrance oil to the wax - smelled great!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/45635632481/in/dateposted-public/

Finished tying the fringe on 2nd fleece blanket and have made a decent start on sewing down the applique pieces.

I am 5 minutes away from finishing the 2nd felt notebook cover.

Made one more monster treat bag - turns out there are 25 kids in his class - glad I checked!

Looking to start on pair of socks I plan to embellish with flower embroidery. And I need to find the kit I made for the black cat softie toy for DS!!! It and the felt marshmallows I need to finish must be in the same place - AACK!

Will keep working on the fleece blankets in the evenings as they are too big to "travel" with me :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finished my quilt!!! Just need to trim threads and wash! I had a hard time uploading the photo so I hope you can see it.
Dahlia, I haven't done anything around my house and it shows! Cleaning, laundry and ironing are on the agenda for tomorrow.
AJ, I love the pine cones. I'm not sure I would burn them, I think they are too pretty and I bet they smell really good too.
Plan to embroider a few small gift bags this weekend ( last minute idea) then will take my machine to Columbus to get it serviced. I've be pulling fuzz balls as big as mice out of it. I think it might be dirtier than my house

Attachments

• IMG_6520.jpg
    IMG_6520.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ pretty cones and nice gift idea.

Myron’s mom. Love your quilt. Saw your picture with no problem- just clicked on it and it enlarged. I need to get back to a couple quilts I have started and I have been downloading the patterns as they are coming out for a couple other quilt challenges that are going on right now to use some some fabrics I have laying around.

Got the family and friends Christmas cards done. Took some downtime last night and pulled out my Christmas colouring book and coloured for about 4 hours than hit the bed.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Yes, the pinecones are very pretty. I made some a few years ago for my DSonIL, but I'm not sure he ever used them as fire starters. He has to do it the Boy Scout way from scratch. LOL

Myron's Mom ~ Beautiful quilt! You do such nice work.

Rose ~ Great work getting the cards done. Coloring sounds like it would be very relaxing.

So I injured my finger while gardening the other day and the swelling isn't going down, so I'll see a doctor this afternoon. I think they will want to give me a tetanus shot. I sure haven't gotten much crafting in this week, and I only have a couple of days before I have to mail a BD present to Sonja. I wanted to make her something else, but it may just be her Christmas stocking.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh NO DJ! I hope you are feeling better soon! I'm glad you are going in to doctor!

Myron's Mom - The quilt is gorgeous! Hands down!

Rose - You stole some serious downtime, girl! Good for you!

I have been making good progress on sewing down the applique on the fleece blanket - spent about 2.5 hours last night!

Also finished the felt Meade notebook cover yesterday.

AND I found my missing craft kits! Whew! Was starting to stress over that!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Made progress on first felt book ornament yesterday!

Also worked another couple hours on fleece blanket applique - should be able to finish it with one more session!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I managed to get some sewing done. I needed more sewing supplies and hope to get back to the machine and sew away!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Book ornament is ready to glue together and be done!

One felt marshmallow stuffed and sewn, the other stuffed.

In process of cutting out pieces for "handles" for marshmallow roasting sticks...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm kind of in a craftermath funk right now. I really must get Sonja's birthday present finished and mailed today … tomorrow at the LATEST … and the studio is such a chaotic scramble that it's totally uninspiring and incredibly non-motivational! I will attack it today! TFL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Phew, you are all doing so well. I too am in a bit of a funk at the moment. Too many other things to do and I just haven't found the time to craft. I am however adding many things to my craft to do list for next year.

I would like to do a fleece blanket for DD BF to take to the ice hockey games here, has anyone got a photo of a finished throw so that I can have a look please?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Started working on the embroidered gift bags today. Have 3 left to do. I decided to embroider a sweat shirt and do 2 of the santa magic key poems (for my son and niece) also. I have 2 skeleton keys that we found in my father in law's things that I'll use with the poem. Hope to find some frames at dollar tree or Walmart tomorrow when I go to town.

Reactions: luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My computer is having fits and have spent hours on the phone with techs this week. Getting a new one next week--wasn't in stock when they said it was.

This week-end (after work today- till 12) I plan on finishing the turkeys. I have to sew them together and then stitch around the feathers, body, wings and beak. would like to get all that out in the mail Monday or Tuesday!

You guys are doing GREAT!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Here are some postcards I made today and the felt board, felt snowmam and woman, and felt owls I made for Sonja. They are in the mail! Sorry about the sideways pictures.

Last edited: