Crafters Challenge Oct. 30th-November 5th!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I was posting the November craft challenge and here it is a yr. later!!!!!

This week I am hoping to get the 12 days of Christmas swap items into the mail.

Just ordered the backing for the tool caddy for Secret Santa just now.

At lunch will do yos yos (or Christmas cards)

Have the bindings to do yet.

What are your plans?

Count down has been on BUT on on NOW LOL!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ What’s the plan for the yo-yos?

I just about completed one pattern of the quilt yesterday despite some snafus on the cutting. All is well, and I think I’ll be able to complete one pattern per day if I apply myself and don’t get too distracted. I don’t really need to get it done that quickly. I’m just trying to predict the probability of getting it done in time to take for our Thanksgiving visit.

I got the BD card for DSonIL made but didn’t get it in the mail. Since it won’t go out till Monday, I hope it can get to AK by Saturday. I sure like the way it turned out.

This week …

*Mail BD card
*Finish the last details of the growth chart
*Make BD card (computer) for Sonja
*Package and mail gift and card to Sonja
*Work on Go West quilt
*Work on Yo-Yo animals (elephant and bear)

*CCS fox

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Today is crafting day for me outside as long as the rain holds off. I guess I could go into the garage if need be. Alot of this will be started or even finished today hopefully

Decorate the one wooden snowman I have done
Wooden scarecrow I have it put together just need to sand paint, stain, face and decorate
cut wooden snowmen
paint wood for snow signs
cut up pallet that I painted awhile ago to make pumpkin yard stakes
two wreaths at least put together can decorate at a later day

ok back outside I go

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I started dd's mittens. Had problems with cast-on for the needles (do not knit), so had to watch a few youtube tutorials.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Are you knitting mittens but you don't knit? Doesn't sound like an easy beginner project.

I had more struggles with the quilt today, but I finally won and have the first three rows pieced. I took a picture of it so that I can use it to arrange the rest of the rows. I was having some difficulty translating the blue/gold/orange picture of the quilt to the gray-scale fabrics I'm working with. At least the points on the 1/2 square triangles are coming out nicely.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
GREAT going everybody! This week-end was a bust on crafting but last night after home from grocery shopping I put items away and picked up house so should be able to start in tonight.

The yos yos are for snowman ornaments.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well I had to undo all I had done... knitting is hard! I will try again but not today. I will try to cut out the felt ornaments for dnephew and maybe start on those. Then I'll try the knitting again

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I decided to work on cutting up the rest of the pallets I had yesterday these came from farm across the road and are old when they asked if I wanted them they said some was in rough shape. I actually am able to use alot out of them. So they are now cut up and what I couldn't I got burnt yesterday so none of that is laying around anymore. Today is working on snowmen day

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have finally pressed and framed the CCS Christmas tree I did for my mum, I will post photos later if I can figure out how to do it lol

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ I do a lot of knitting and still end up starting a project over about three times before I finally get it going. Good luck with the mittens.

Kim ~ Nice to be able to get some good use out of seemingly worthless wood.

Katrina ~ Would love to see the framed CCS. Hope you can work out how to post pictures.

I’m pretty sure I’m winning with the quilt. Still having a few issues, though.

I spent quite a while today getting the growth chart finished by making and adhering a hanging cord, taking pictures, and blogging. Then I made a card but forgot to get a picture of it. Then DH and I wrapped it all up and got it in the mail. Whew!

So I didn’t get the full pattern finished today, but I did get two rows completed and ready to sew together.

I have time this evening to work on something … yo-yo animals?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpeg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That wasn't so hard. Phew. I am pleased with how this turned out.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Love the cross stitch and great framing job!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you for your lovely comments,
The colours are a bit muted in the photo. It is actually a lovely green, cranberry and mustard colour.
I am quite pleased and I hope that my mum will like it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Yay Lana! Don't forget to take a picture of them!

I forgot to take a picture of the card I made for Sonja's birthday. I used fabric from the growth chart with batting behind it. Inside said "Owl always love you."

I'm making progress on the Go West quilt. Worked on the yo-yo animals, too, but I need to re-make the bear's head. It was looking really cute, but I scorched the fabric trying to adhere an eye with heat-n-bond. Ugh!

I also got back to stitching on the Fox CCS motif.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Spent a small amount of time working on the felt school bus yesterday. The first work I've done since before our camping trip :( Hoping to get some more time in today!