Crafters Challenge October 13th-19th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome To Another Week!!!!

Last week I did accomplish several things but of course not all--some items started that wasn't on my list.

Will carry my list over.

13 scarfs Done and mailed

At least finish 13 snowmen but hope to do several more----During the week 47 done

Need to make about 5 burp rags and 5 wash cloths-------All done on 10-6

2 little bags filled with catnip------Done 10-6

2 checkbook covers----Cut to short so they are rectangle potholders now & will redo

Thanksgiving potholders 2 or 3

Have 8 globes to frost----3 done to date----wrong globes purchased few months back so frosting them to do other stuff with

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jody those bookmarks are cute. Thanks for sharing the link. Found some animal face buttons in my stash the other day and can’t remember why I got them. They would be perfect to make the bookmarks with for the grandsons.

DH was on holidays last week so only crafting I got done was to pick up some background fabric to go with some flat quarters sitting in my craft room. Picked it up at a quilt store during one of our many out of town day trips.

Not sure what I will get done this week craft wise other than a start on some fingerless mitts for me. It’s really starting to feel like fall out there and my other set doesn’t look to good anymore.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and Tuesday is full of appointments and Wednesday morning is sit and knit at my local yarn shop. They are trying out a day time one to see how it goes. Otherwise it’s Friday nights.
So I guess for this week I will post as I get things done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Re painted my sign yesterday. Have gone from a burgundy colour to white. Will try the mod podge transfer method for the saying. It will wait now until I am home from holidays.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My main focus will be getting my craft room cleaned and organized this week. I am buying a new toy and would like to actually use it in my craft room other than moving it back and forth to the dining room table like I am doing with everything now. It really isn't that bad just needs to be organized really.

Other then that...
sand my cup one last time, cut decal and put final coat of epoxy on

set of scarecrow bottles for a person at work that I told her I would have done a couple of weeks ago but just haven't had time

get pictures printed for window that is going above my bed
start sanding window that is going above my bed (has some bad peeling on it)

finish up fall leaf wreath. I did front but after having on wall I can see the grapevine that I used and don't like it too much

Emma's Halloween shirt (just need to find a scary pumpkin she wants)
My Halloween shirt for work still have two shirts I picked up for my boys but they don't fit either so I have been making shirts for myself

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We're on our trip, hanging out at the bakery for a few minutes. Thought I'd check in. I will have to wait to read posts. No connection at our camp, not even cell phone.

So I've brought some CCS and have started on a small motif for DSonIL's BD card. Socks are done, so I've been doing a little knitting on a UFO cowl.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It's been crazy lately but have gotten "some" crafting done:

Made DS's Halloween costume
Finished last sunglasses case

This week I am prepping for camping next week so will be limited on crafting time. I'd like to try and finish up the embroidery hoop wall hanging project and get pattern and felt pieces cut out for a stormtrooper ornament for my sister's BF...I'd be happy with getting at least that much done!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone has been so busy.
Wow Lana! That’s a lot of snowmen heads.
JoDee, thanks for the links. I could use that tape measure caddy. They all would make nice gifts.
The Marshall quilt is done. I’ll throw it in the wash tomorrow morning. I’m pretty pleased with it, the football themed quilting design came out nice. I have enough fabric left to make one pillow case if I piece it. It’s all cutout so I’ll get that done tomorrow. I’ll have some scraps left to make a Fidget quilt if he needs one later.
Decided I’m going to make my son a pair of pillow cases to go with his quilt too. Will get them done tomorrow too.
Then I’m done making gifts. After I make my Christmas cards and finish cleaning house it’s selfish sewing time.
Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Reactions: Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Not been a good week craft wise this week. Between Thanksgiving and appointments I didn’t get as much done as I hoped.

Did get nine owls pieces cut out and ready for hand sewing. Good project for a movie or two that I have taped.
Have also got the fabric purchased, washed and ironed for DGD dress up items.

Reactions: Lana