Crafters Challenge October 20th-26th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Off to another week!!!

Yesterday I did get some more fine glitter to finish up about 26 or so of the plastic things for snowmen. Wanted green and red felt and Wal-Mart only had 1 piece of green and no red.

This week plan is:

Finish up the rest of the snowmen

Cut out and work on the 13 scarfs---want them out by end of October

Have a few other things to get together to make for Christmas:

cord wraps

jar openers

pot holders

What are your plans for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No real crafting here this week. I want to work on house cleaning and I have a couple appointments. I have a class next weekend about the embroidery software I bought. I’m going to play with that in my down time from cleaning so I can have a list of questions when I’m there.
Have a safe and productive week everyone!

Reactions: Miss JoDee and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still on holidays but am keen to get home and finish off a few things.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I think I'll follow Rose's lead and list all upcoming crafts to finish for BDs and Christmas:
  • BD card for DSonIL (CCS motif is done)
  • BD card for Sonja
  • BD card for DGS
  • BD card for DFriend
  • Dirndl for Iris
  • Exchange Christmas cards (done except for inside greeting and addressing envelopes)
  • Cuddle throw for DD#1 and family (Christmas)
  • Ornaments for DGKs (4)
  • Growth chart for DGS (Dec. 26 BD)
  • Embellish Pringles cans for treats for Sewing Club women
Wow! I think that's it. The Dirndl and the growth chart are the biggest projects.

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm...I need to finish the little ballet top for DD6.
I bought enough yarn to make 12 little boa scarves for her little friends, so I'd like to get 6 of those done this week.
Spent last night making mittens for DD2 who took one look at them and said. "Thank you Mommy. They is so pretty. Tonight you can make me red ones!" So....red mittens.
Also need to make red slippers for DD2...just need to find a pattern.

Really starting to feel the time crunch on getting things done now!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been looking at bird ornaments at the stores of late then remembered I have one that I made a couple of years ago for the ornament swap here and once I get my craft room restored I will make them. I have plenty of fabric and it would be fun to make as I have a plan to do them in a different way to hopefully make them easier. This is good motivation to stay focused on the cleaning of the craft room.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Deb, yes, beautiful, indeed! I have a knit ripple pattern that is my favorite. Knits up so nice with variegated yarn.

I finished the BD card for DSonIL today, printed greeting inserts for the Christmas cards, and made myself a CCS project bag.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
That blanket is awesome and love the colors!

Allen poured the white paint into the snowmen last night so they have to dry and then will do their faces in a couple days and be done with them. We think we got shorted lids when I ordered the things--unless they show up here but all was kept together.

I might take the fleece and cut out some scarfs at lunch time---will see here shortly.

Jody, I received a bird in the exchange. Pretty!

Reactions: Myron's Mom

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm headed to Michael's to buy 7 more tiny balls of crochet thread for the lace for the 2nd pillowcase. While I'm there I'll look around for Christmas scrapbooking paper - maybe I'll get lucky.

Reactions: Lana

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Didn't end up buying my new toy but went shopping with my mom and she talked me into upgrading my Cricut so I guess I kinda got a new toy last week.

Still working on cleaning out the craft room. If I would stop adding more to it. I just added about 100 old style mason jars with the glass lids to it that I need to wash and figure out a place to put and what todo with them.

This week
:)Emma Halloween shirt
:)Me Halloween shirt
:)Denise scarecrow bottles(even remembered to grab them to take to work to her today)
Glue bottoms to wine glass candle holders ( I also remembered to pick up some E6000)
Izzy's first Christmas ornament
Decals for Kayla & Kali's wine glass tumblers (these have only been sitting in my craft room since April to get done)
Epoxy Kayla and Kali's tumblers
:)Names on Christmas stockings (I wanted todo this last year and never did them)
Gage, Annie and Izzy Popsicle holders (names on)
Names and Year on grinch ornaments for kids
Sand and stain old window for entry way
clean and get labels off about 40 more wine bottles
wash the 100 mason jars

Pretty easy stuff to try and get done for this week. Think since I have everything out I should do stockings tonight. I have a couple more big projects I want to get done. Need to be done outside so hoping the weather is pretty good either after work this week or on my days off Friday and Saturday

Last edited:

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Bought some crochet thread at Michael's. They didn't have ANY Christmas paper, but they had lots of cute ribbon so I picked up 4 rolls. Tried Walmart for paper...nothing Christmas-y, but something I'm going to use anyway. If I'm not happy with it, I'll have to try Joann.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Worked on crochet baby blanket that I had put aside… uh.. Don't remember how I finished the ends of the rows, will look at it carefully tonight.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Deb I love the blanket. I did end up finishing shirts and got names on stockings last night. Going to try and get in the craft room tonight.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, that blanket is so beautiful. What a lovely gift to receive.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I made another basket today. This one is kind of like a bread basket. I still need to stain it and clean some of the reed "hairs" off of it. Did some knitting in the car, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and Miss JoDee