Crafters Challenge October 21st-27th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning to you All!

So notice near another end of a month!

I have to start and finish my second 12 Days of Christmas item and hope to mail out by the end of the month.

You gals are doing such AWESOME work on stuff!! GREAT JOBS!

Happy Crafting and continue to share with us!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Lana.

I would like to decide on some small gifts to make for DGDs for Christmas, work on some felt food for Sonja's November birthday (coming right up!), decide on and start making ornaments for DGDs (3), continue making progress on the felt Christmas stocking, address some Christmas cards, Advent mittens for JB (not needed for this Christmas though) … the list goes on ...

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The weeks leading to Christmas are certainly flying by now. I need to finish off a few things that are needed for this Christmas, like the snowman ornaments and then would like to start the list for next year.
I already have a few ideas, must keep away from Pintrest!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I have some wood slices to stain or paint, too, but I think I can enlist DH.

I don't have any special plans this week till Thursday, and that's tentative; so I should have some quality crafting time … except for helping DH in the yard.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Can't believe the end of October is already waving at us!!! Yipe!!!

I've been working on 2nd felt Meade notebook cover and will continue to plug away at that during lunches, drive thus, karate class and in the evenings.

This week is going to be hectic - grocery shopping for camping tonight, then going over to help a friend clean/prep house for a showing this Friday - tomorrow night is karate - Wed night is the last night before our camping trip so it is going to be CRAZY.

Better than being bored, right? Probably won't get much crafting done this week, but we'll see...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Took way longer than I thought to paint the wood slices. they are done but I need to varnish, put ribbons and add tag 'handmade by Lucie 2018' and then wrap.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Took way longer than I thought to paint the wood slices. they are done but I need to varnish, put ribbons and add tag 'handmade by Lucie 2018' and then wrap.
Don't forget to take a picture for us!

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Took a picture closer up but it's too big and can't resize here at work

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie, those are so nice! A true treasure. Your recipients will love them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well done, Lucie!!! :)

Not a lot to report on my progress other than I am ALMOST done with embroidery on second felt notebook cover. But tonight will be camping prep and tomorrow we leave on our trip - returning Sunday.

Looking forward to more crafting next week! It's getting to be CRUNCH time!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got the varnish on the woodslices yesterday. will try to get the ribbon on tonight. Have to find a way to wrap them pretty

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Cute snowmen!

Rose ~ Can you make me a coat and hat like the white and red one, please? Such a well-dressed doll she will be!

Not much crafting to report here, unfortunately.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Rose that is beautiful. Love the red/white one - gorgeous.

Got the ribbons on my wood slices and signed & dated them all. Now they just need wrapping :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie the wood slices are nice!

Rose absolutely awesome! I agree a best dressed doll!

I got the front of a turkey potholder done last night, Now to sew it together and see if I want to 12 more or something else.