Crafters Challenge October 27th--November 2nd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hey Everybody!!!!

Can you believe that we will be into the ELEVENTH month of the year, at this time next week?!?!?!? With time changing then too. UNREAL!

Thread was busy last week.

Yesterday I did 6 scarfs and hope to do the other 7 today. I also printed out some stuff to go along with the swap items. Will all get mailed this week by the 31st.

The snowman I am like 19 lids short when I ordered from Amazon. Unless they show up here but that was all kept in one sack so I am pretty sure just got shorted. Came as an order for 105 and I did not count.

After the scarfs are sewn, I will then move on to some more ornaments.

Have some potholders and cord wraps I would like to do.

A few blankets for Teigans dolls. Her birthday is January 25th so could always do for then too.

What are your plans for the week?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings everyone!

Lana ~ Sorry about the shortage of lids. I hope you follow-up with the vender to get the rest of them.

We are headed back to the lake tomorrow for our last trip of the season. We will winterize the trailer when we leave (Thursday). Craft-wise, I'm planning to take several CCS projects, some knitting and probably my sewing machine with a chenille wall hanging. The wall hanging is a fall print and will be a housewarming gift for a friend, although she won't be moving in until January.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Basically the same list as last week. Had to order more eyes for the owls. I had three sets of black eyes so with last order I just ordered 6 sets of blue. Put a set of black ones in and I didn't like how dark they look so have ordered some more from Easy and they will be here in a couple days.

Last week I did get the directions for a couple items printed off and picked up some needed thread on sale plus some yarn for a hat for the mitten tree as it was also on sale.

()9 owls--3 done
()K pj’s
()M pj’s
()2 capes
()2 dress up aprons
()mermaid tail

Also knit on some fingerless mitts for me--just the thumbs left

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to sit done with my planner and double check what still needs to be done. I do want to so a sugar lip scrub for DD so will look at recipes and get started on that.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Fingerless mitts are done and with the weather getting cooler the timing is good. Was supposed to have yDGS today and I planned to get his measurements for his pj’s but got word that he became ill. So I have asked DD to take them for me when he is feeling better. If she doesn’t than I will see him hopefully at the latest in two weeks.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got 5 scarfs done today. Have to recut one and then will finish last 2 tomorrow---hoping.

Left a review on Amazon but doubt if anything happens. Ordered them last Feb. or March and used 8 for Christmas In July swap and just started with others around end of Sept or start of Oct.. So ....

Needle kinda went thru my finger maybe fourth of the way. My fault--thought I would be fast enough to push a piece of fabric down---WRONG! Kinda sore and tender..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, ouch!
I want to get started on my cards, will be time to send them before we know it. I cleaned up my room after my giant wrapping marathon so I’m ready and I hope I have all my supplies.
Have a productive week everyone!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I can imagine that needle through your finger was painful! I'm guilty of getting my fingers closer than they should be. I should use a stiletto I keep telling myself!

I've been working on a CCS motif for Valentin's first birthday card, but need more of one color DMC. I can stop at Ben Franklin today and hope they have the color I need.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, ouch, hope the finger heals soon.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did it! finished the Ninja Turtle hat and diaper cover set. Just need to add the big orange button (which I Don't have… been thinking of putting on a wooden one.. might paint it or not).
Frogged the entire baby blanket (was 2/3 done).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, blanket sounds cute!

Sounds like people busy with cards, or gonna be.

The scarfs are done and all wrapped with the snowman ornament.

Now to do another ornament, cord wraps, potholders, and maybe a couple doll blankets,

Finger alittle tender. LOL. Finger to type with and count money with.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana hope your finger stops hurting soon.

Three more owls done and the last three are waiting for the eyes to arrive so they can be finished up. Once I get the eyes attached it’s simply sew front to back, stuff and add the lavender.

Not on my list but done is five ribbon/animal face book marks. Don’t remember when I purchased the buttons or why but have put them to use. Will keep one for me and the grandchildren will get the others. Youngest DGS will get his in a book to mark the first of the set he is getting. Will need to mark which one is the second and the third.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally finished my wooden sign. It is a plank and says "the stockings were hung" I will add knobs to it and hang Christmas stockings off it as we do not have a mantle here. Not the best work I have ever done but it will do.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ That's a very cute idea for hanging stockings.

Rose ~ You're making progress. I'll bet the owls are cute. I made some little owls for a mobile for Valentin but I don't think DD has had a chance to finish the mobile. Maybe I can help with that when we go for Thanksgiving.

I'm not making much progress craft-wise here at the lake, since we were working on garden clean up yesterday. I hope to get the sewing machine out today to work on the fall chenille wallhanging.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm not making much progress craft-wise here at the lake, since we were working on garden clean up yesterday.
I am finding at the moment that with Spring cleaning and Christmas prep I am not getting much done either. Good thing we worked so hard at the beginning of the year.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have the cards done for the grandchildren plus a December birthday card made. Used the same basic design for the b-day card and just made a couple changes to it. Will post pictures of some of my latest small projects once I can get the owls done so I can add them as well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I made progress on the chenille wall hanging yesterday. I have all the channels sewn and ready to be sliced.

I want to spend a couple days starting and finishing a cuddle throw and tackling the dirndl.