Crafters Challenge October 29th- November 4th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
OH MY, OH MY!

Welcome to another month and almost the last to do stuff.

I am hoping to start ironing the material that I need for the armrest sewing caddies today.

Still moving rooms around and cleaning but have to get these done (and started) and, to CO by the 11th. So.... The longest I am thinking will be the binding on all.

You guys moved right along last week!

I took out 9 or 10 30 gallon totes of fabric from the closet and also one or 2 miscellaneous ones with stuffing batting etc.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I guess my plans need to be the same as last week ... to try to get to some Christmas gift crafting. I will most likely try to finish up a wicker chest topper first, though. Tuesday I'm going to an Open Sew with a friend, and I plan to work on piecing the top for another I-Spy quilt. And I need to prioritize finishing up the Christmas stocking for Julia so I can take it to her when we go for Thanksgiving.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got home from our 5 day camping trip yesterday and boy am I TIRED!!!

Camper is unpacked but I am working through the usual mountain of post camping laundry :)

My plans this week are to continue work on fleece blanket - hopefully finishing it. Also need to continue work on felt needle book.

I meant to have all hand crafted gifts finished by end of August this year because everything gets so hectic and crazy once we get this far into the season. It is really hard for me to balance crafting with HGP, freezer cooking, normal life and extra events and activities that are going on.

I'm just going to do what I can and what doesn't get done will be moved to next year!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I think I'm finally done making things for myself until I get my Christmas gifts and cards finished.

Yesterday I finished the wicker chest topper and a small CCS Christmas motif. Today I hope to finalize my plans for Christmas ornaments for my 3 DGDs and be able to get those started.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have to see if some of the things need to be made by Christmas. Scarf and socks aren't for Christmas. I'll have to go over my list.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will work on sewing Advent Calendars after the workers get done laying my kitchen floor today. I am so excited to get that done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got the backs sewn for 15 armchair caddies. Need 13 but material cut out for 15 so think I will do mom one (she asked what I was sewing when talking to her last night on way home and said that would be nice---think I would even like that! So a gift!) and me one. Will go iron them shortly and get some other fabric ironed and ready for tonight to work with.

Felt so good to sit down and be sewing!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ You're making good headway on those armchair caddies. Would like to see them. I think I could use one!

Had a great time at Open Sew today with a couple of friends. I got the next I-Spy quilt all pieced.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, your open sews and such sound like fun.

I have the 13 caddies ready for the binding. I do have to go get more stuffing for about 6 of the pin cushions. Allen got a bag the other night but realized it is batting. He knows the difference and said bag he had, had holes so traded out and just grabbed. Wanting to mail them Monday a.m. so will see.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Nice try for Allen though!

Yesterday I spent the day with Kathy intending to help her with a knit cast-on tutorial. As we watched the video, her eyes started to glaze over. I’ve noticed lately that she doesn’t seem too adventurous in learning new things. So, I ended up doing the cast on for her … and she’s perfectly happy to have me finish knitting the entire hat. If I don’t do it, I think she will just end up donating the yarn to a charity. Well, I needed another little knit project anyway. I’m finding a love of knitting hats.

We also went to JoAnns where I got the thread I need to finish one side of the latest octagonal table topper. Then we had to shop around and I ended up buying some small ornaments and a vase to put them in for a holiday centerpiece. Came home and put that together, as well as another centerpiece with white silk poinsettias in a silver vase/candle holder (which I will need to polish up).

I'm also brainstorming ideas for Christmas placemats with red poinsettias to go with my Christmas dishes. I can't find fabric I want to use, so I'm considering plain red with machine embroidery metallic gold poinsettias.